bad movie night...

Last night was “Girls Movie Night Out”. Let me make this brief (spoilers ahead- don’t read if you don’t want info)
My friends and I went to see “The Story of Us”. Looks like a nice comedy in the previews. It’s not. Totally depressing and heartwrenching…it’s basically about these two people who are separating, and how they grew apart, complete with screaming, yelling, crying, cursing and hatred. Bad things, all.
Problem? I have a great marriage, and it upset me a lot. My one friend,Nancy is living a parallel life to the couple in the movie. It could have been her and her husband in it. Now she’s in a major depression from seeing it all right in her face. It was painful for all of us.
In short, what a shitty night out at the movies. I just wanted to cry all night- the stupid movie just broke my heart.
Zette :frowning:

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Thank you, Zette. I was considering seeing it.

Now I’ll wait until it comes out of video, and maybe go rent it.

And here I thought this thread was dedecated to what me and my friends do sometimes: rent cheesy movies and make fun of them. :slight_smile:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Me too. In fact, I rented Carrie 2 tonight. There was one scene where a dog got run over and the girl ran into the street to grab him up, and she was crying and panicked and confused…I almost started to cry too!