Bad Santa Ending. MAJOR SPOILER. NOT BOXED

How did this movie NOT end with him lying face down with the elephant outstretched and the bullet holes in his back.

If an ending EVER felt “tacked on” because it didn’t play with focus groups or something, this was it.

Fortunately it didn’t ruin the movie for me, but I would have been a lot happier if it had ended that way – imagining the kid finding him out there, blood on the elephant.

This “letter from jail” voiceover from Bad Santa was a terrible idea.

Agree? Disagree?

Some great stuff in this flick though,

“Kid, wish in one hand, and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.”

It did feel tacked on - I was CERTAIN that the credits were about to roll with Santa lying there. But I liked the ending as it was. Probably for my own reasons - I wasn’t in the mood to be depressed, and the ending was a moderate up. It was a reasonable conclusion.

And I want that fucking T-shirt - “Shit Happens When You Party Naked.”

hrh

Disagree.

The voice over tied everything together, and gave the movie a little more heart and soul, while still maintaining the spirit of the “Bad Santa” character.

Although if he had died on the front porch and the kid still kicked the bully in the balls, it may still have worked and made its point too.