Ban the Pit!!!!!!!!

this guy, this fuckin guy-
i can SEE you sitting back with the little hannibal smile on your face…
i’m a newbie i know, but i know an occurrence of a style of fishing wherein one plays out a baited hook behind a water craft, said craft traversing said water at a low rate of speed…
(not any dictionary, i know, my own words…)
manana folks
thanks for way livening up my day

Ice Wolf, you are a prime example of what I’m talking about. I most assuredly suggest that when one doper call’s another doper into the pit, he’s not in his mind addressing a sentient human being.

Gee, grienspace, nice shot at turning the conversation away from:

How bout you answer us first, grien - what did that post mean? You’ve dodged the question here.

To be quite honest, I can’t even think of that many threads in which I’ve knowingly interacted with oldscratch. Besides, what does that have to do with anything? Maybe oldie and I have similar world-views and happen to agree a lot.
Oh, I see, we’re the Pit Bullies and I’m siding with oldie cuz we’re buddies and conspire to gang up on the likes of you in emails and other off-board activities, is that what you’re implying?
It just so happens that the timing of oldscratch’s now-closed thread and then you opening this thread to bitch and whine about Pit Bullies (and admitting that is one of the reasons you opened this thread), is too strong to ignore. You opened this because you think people unfairly ganged up on someone else.

Whatever, you say THAT’s what this is about. Fine.

Here’s my response to your OP:

All opinion and open to interpretation. No facts to debate and no examples given. And no one’s been hurt here. I doubt any physical or emotional trauma received is not so great that a person can’t get over it after a good nap.

Bullshit. Nobody is lured here and forced to post. And as for reason and logic giving way, check out this Pit thread which I started that turned out to be a reasoned logical debate and I eventually saw things from another perspective:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=52409

Damn, paranoid often are you? You honestly believe we conspire in emails and phone calls to each other on who to gang up on? Nothin to debate here. No fact, all bullshit.

If anyone is that emotionally fragile, they don’t belong in the Pit in the first place and should heed the forum description that this is the place for flaming.

Whatever. Nothing to debate here either as this is just more of your propaganda.

And FTR, I know what it’s like being on the recieving end of a lynch mob on this board and was even banned for period of time. I’m grown up enough not to whine about it afterwards. How about instead of a warning for the faint of heart, we establish some sort of mandatory maturity level?

So at what point are you going to explain your comment to Upham?

Hey rat ass (ie, grien) you’ve yet to answer my question. Are you just fucking around acting as one of these “pit bullies” you seem to think are out to get you might?

It seems right up our alley…

Don’t worry grienspace, Biggirl’s here to protect you. Now, all you bad bullies, stop picking on pieceful, gentle grienspace.

Upham, young man. Just because a person is a fucking idiot it does not follow that he is a festering sack of pig jizz.

oldie, you should try to be a little more understanding. You know he/she’s full of shit. It stands to reason that he would make a pit thread that is also full of shit. Please show more compassion for those who have an overabundance of shit.

And I certainly did not expect this kind of behavior from a nice young lady like you, Primaflora. Mr. Space should have all the warnings he needs. Perhaps all of this could have been avoided if the box his computer came in had "DANGER: If you use this product to access the internet, be warned that your feelings might get hurt at the SDMB BBQ Pit forum. in big red letters.

And I’ll have you know mrvisible, that speaking from your ass with authority gives your voice a good resonance. From there you can hear yourself agree with you.

YOUR alley, that is, bloody keyboard

Care to explain, grienspace? Or were you just shooting blanks, there?

Biggirl I couldn’t agree with you more. Not ALL fuckin idiots are festering sacks of pig jizz. It just so happens that, in this case, they have come togather to form some sort of super fucking festering sack of idiotic pig jizz. A hybred, if you will.

No Upham, after reading grienspace’s response to Icewolf’s obviously calm and correct post, I guess that grienspace is just out to get a rise out of everyone.

That’s a far reach from a “prime example” Icewolf didn’t state much more than how things work here.

OY, you’d think that by bringing up this subject after the umpteen-millionth time (as this has been a topic in here in other threads) in the manner the OP did, he/she would realize he/she was opening his/her self up for the posts that followed, but to use someone like Icewolf as an example goes beyond even the lowest form of “fighting back.” That’s kinda tacky grienspace are you just trying to invoke a response that was honest and to the point? If so, go take that little kid’s bucket in the sandbox and let us know if you feel better.

:smiley:

BTW Upham, my last post was in response to your post:

Like I said, he/she is either on crack or had a bad batch of mushrooms…and besides…in the words of Wally “What a Putz.”

how can one know so much about pig jizz?? I mean unless they are in the habit of giving pigs head…

tech I’m just tryin to figure this out. What can i say? The guy’s got a head of peach pits, that’s gotta intrest you.

Strawberries Welcome to the board, and so what if i do??

Please let me clarify. I implied that for all your lurking, you still haven’t got a clear comprehension of what goes on in the pit. After all, I am suggesting more education for newbies, and at 59 posts, I suggest you are still a newbie than already exists.

Now you suggested that a doper calling another doper into the pit was appealing in his mind to a* sentient* human being. Now sentient means* capable of having perception*, a characteristic that is certainly not being ascribed to me, nor do I ascribe it to techchick68 in this case. That is why I suggest you are a prime example. The present warning of the pit is not sufficient for newbies.

You’re right, it is interesting but you gotta wonder what is going through the person’s brain to post such a thing and not expect to have people in The Pit react.

If he/she was so much about “education” he/she should have posted as such in the beginning. The Pit is not a place to play. Education does not make a Pit post…anyone who’s been here for a while knows that, geez!

Anyhow, if the person is still around. You might take a sec and realize that the next time you propose a Pit thread you think it through verrrrry carefully.

If that turns you on… although our legal system isn’t exactly too fond of that…

And why pigs over cows?

And now that you’ve responded to Ice Wolf, care to respond to my post and I debate the merits of your OP? And you’re still avoiding the question of what you meant in your post to Upham.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by grienspace *

Yep. In my last post, I had a typo. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Grienspace.

Now go learn how to speak english in a manner comprehensible to those of us who don’t have our heads so far up our asses we can see our own gag reflex.

and YOU have a “clear comprehension” of what goes on in here? sure as fuck doesn’t look that way.

And who are you to comment on “Newbies”?? All bow to the Mighty grienspace and his wopping 400 posts! Great Tao man, some people have 4 times the number of poses you or i do, have you NO concept of how useless you really are?? I still consider my self a Newbie, i consider you a fool, now get back to the OP and your followning mindless statements. Stop dodging the issues.