Band name

ObamaCare Rollout!

[/intentionally awful political humor]

Some serious advice: Pretty much every fucking band name has been taken. As you think of names, immediately do a Google search before you get attached to it. You wouldn’t believe the ridiculous names we came up with that were already taken.

For example Next To Nothing :smack:

If I ever have a band, we’re going to call ourselves Benevolent Alien. However, since the only musical instrument i can play is a stereo, I don’t think I’ll be in a rock band in this lifetime.

Back in college we wanted to name our bowling team “Bob Dole on Drugs” but the stupid people wouldn’t let us. So you can use that.

Surely that should be Gràve Mìstàkè.

My Pärents are Göing to Kïll Me

:wink:

Sacrifice Your Dream

Then you can always refer to your band as SYD.

And also a good reason not to name yourselves Sacrifice The Dream

Having a dark, death metal-ly sounding name is not the way to go. Can you really take a band seriously that’s called “Eviscerated Vivisection Bloody Doom Skulls!!!”

You should go with an ironically cute name. Like “The Fancy Ponies” or “Cuddle Bunnies” or “Duran Duran”. Wait, that last one might be taken already.

You sort of beat me to it. Lately I’ve been thinking “Miley Cyrus’ Tongue” would make a great band name, and that’s what I came in here to post.

Moses Tattoo

Swine Flu

Umläüt

I’m gonna second something along the lines of Candyland. Something of that type will make you stand out on a bill filled with bands named ______ Corpse. And if you can’t make that type of name come across ominous after seeing you play, then who cares what you’re named?

Putrefaction.

Thë Ün̈n̈ëcëssäry Ümläüts

Kölöstömy

Molarcrunch

Weaselbeat

Dengue Horse

Amorphous Torque

Fleshstorm

Bone Damage

Destroy the Fist

Bloodfire

Plasma Cannon

Meat Rattle

Hey - Amorphous Torque, Bloodfire, and Plasma Cannon would’ve actually sounded cool to my teenage metal ears. Nice.

Thanks, hombre :slight_smile: I too have done the dreaded (for reals) band name search, and I found the way to a good name is to start with something a bit ridiculous, and when anabsurd name takes your fancy, refine it a little. There are other successful approaches, I’m sure. Just chuckin’ it out there :slight_smile: