Bands that formed in the 60s or earlier whose founding members are all still alive

Kind of a morbid topic, but it occurred to me recently that most rock and roll bands that formed before the 70s have at least one deceased founding member. We’re all familiar with the obvious examples – the Beatles, the Doors, the Who, etc. But I’ve going through Wikipedia with less obvious (to me, anyway) bands, and am finding lots of deceased members – Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys, Tom Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival, Gene Clark of the Byrds.

What bands from this era (or earlier) have all founding memebers still alive and kicking?

I realize that the term “founding member” can be a bit ambiguous – for the purposes of this exercise, define “founding member” as one of the members who played on (or otherwise contributed to) the band’s first released recording.

I’ll start the thread off with Yes – founding members Jon Anderson, Peter Banks, Bill Bruford, Tony Kaye, and Chris Squire – all in their 60s, but still with us.

Others?

The Kinks

Crosby, Stills, and Nash. And Young. (second album)

The Monkees

The Moody Blues’ Ray Thomas, Graeme Edge, John Lodge, Denny Laine, Mike Pinder and Justin Hayward are still alive.

The only one who’s died is the original bassist, Clint Warwick. He was not really a “founding” member as he was recruited by Thomas/Pinder, the real founders.

Cream

Eric Burdon and the Animals. The Animals themselves have have lost one original member, but all members of Burdon’s second incarnation are still alive.

Simon and Garfunkle.

King Crimson (two members of the 1971-72 lineup are deceased, but the original 1969 members are all still with us)
Jethro Tull
Sly & the Family Stone
Blood, Sweat & Tears

Fleetwood Mac (somewhat surprisingly)

Caravan

Genesis

The Rolling Stones
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple

I think you’ll find that Brian Jones snuffed it sometime ago.

A few more:

Mott The Hoople

The Soft Machine

The Stooges

Brian Jones is very much dead.

Ron Asheton and Dave Alexander are both dead.

No way. Ancient history, but IIRC Brian Jones and Ian Stewart were the defacto founders of the group that was joined by Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Bill. Shortly before they hit the big time Ian was demoted to “unofficial” member status.

ANYWAY, Brian died in 1968. Ian passed in 1985.

Oh dear. so they are. :smack:

Three Dog Night

The Guess Who

Herman’s Hermits

The Four Seasons

(Pretty sure about these–no cites in wikipedia regarding the deaths of any original members.)

Brian Jones died in 1969.

Paul McCartney died in 1968. He hadn’t noticed that the light had changed.

ZZ Top

The three frontmen are still alive, but bassist Joe Schermie is deceased.

Derek Lekenby has gone to the Great Hermitage in the Sky.

Blood Sweat and Tears – at least, the original group that recorded Child is the Father to the Man. The David Clayton-Thomas incarnation may also fit the bill.