Bands where all members have sung lead vocals at least once

Thanks, I’m not sure about that, but I think you are right.

Exactly so. He has enough money to never have to worry about money, and live very comfortably.

He’s apparently still involved in decisions for the band, and reviewing the finances. Every time that Roger and Brian start a new project, they still reach out to John to see if he wants to be involved, though they realize that the answer will be “no.”

The final version of Utopia. Guitarist Todd Rundgren did lead vocals most of the time, but the other three musicians had lead vocals on songs as well - bassist Kasim Sulton, keyboardist Roger Powell and drummer John “Willie” Wilcox. And those guys could seriously sing.

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Randy sings lead on many songs. Fred Turner sings lead on a few. Fred sings their best known song, Let It Ride.

The other guys come and go. They may be hired only for tours.

That explains Bachman and Turner, but what did Overdrive sing? :smiley:

I can’t say “everybody,” but a LOT of past and present members of the Doobie Brothers have sung lead: Tom Johnston, Pat Simmons, Michael McDonald and Cornelius Bumphus for sure.

• Guns of Brixton* wasn’t a Ringo-on-Little Help-like thing, that was Simonon’s baby.

Actually, as long as spoken-word songs are counted as “vocals”, then Mick Fleetwood did indeed perform the lead vocals just once, on a song called “These Strange Times” on the 1995 album Time.

On a related note, has any other band had as many different lead vocalists as Fleetwood Mac? Throughout the many different lineups in their long history, I can count at least 13 different singers who sang (or spoke, in Mick’s case) lead vocals for at least one song.

If you include the final recordings when the band were either breaking up (or, arguably had broken up) all the members of British Punk legends The Sex Pistols sung lead vocals. Johnny Rotten (the main vocalist), Sid Vicious (bass) Paul Cook (drummer) and Steve Jones (guitar.) Cook and Jones each recorded lead vocals on different (album and single) versions of Silly Thing.

I don’t think original bass player Glen Matlock recorded anything with lead vocals but he certainly sang backing vocals live.

TCMF-2L

Damn, I should have remembered Utopia. I saw them in concert once or twice, and not only could they all sing, they also all swapped instruments a few times. (Hey, that gives me an idea for another thread… :D)

Arguably, the Alan Parsons Project.

ABBA loses, but on a technicality. Benny Andersson did not SING the opening lines to “Move On,” he spoke them. He once said he would never sing lead vocals, because his singing voice sounded terrible by itself.

Oh yeah?

:)

Jimi Hendrix did most of the singing for his Experience, but Noel Redding sang lead on “She’s So Fine” from Axis: Bold as Love and Mitch Mitchell sang “Little Miss Strange” on Electric Ladyland.

I saw one tour where, for reasons known only to Todd, they did Ravel’s Bolero, and all of them took turns on horns. Todd had some decent sax chops back then, and Roger Powell started out as a trumpet prodigy before he moved to keys.

The Bangles. I think I should be embarrassed that I know that; since I’m 54 y/o man. :slight_smile: Oh well, I found that out because I recently RE-discovered how hot Susanna Hoffs is at 57 years old!

Green Day. Billie Joe Armstrong is the lead singer, but bassist Mike Dirnt and drummer Tré Cool have both sung lead on the odd song.

Everyone in Utopia was a songwriter as well, with Kasim having written the closest thing they had to a hit.

Definitely Phish…Fishman sings a few songs every tour, Mike gets a song or two a show, Page as well, and Trey leads the majority…

that’s a humorous song, the bad sound is intentional. Pete sounds much better, say, in his part of “Words” (Micky singing the other parts, it’s a pretty even match, to my ears)