Barely alcoholic mixed drinks

My friend just asked me if I knew of any drinks that she’d like. She likes mixed drinks and likes the flavor of some alcohol in them. She likes to drink a lot of drinks, but hates being drunk. She wants some drinks that don’t taste watered-down.

I’m not sure when the last time was that I ordered something other than a gin and tonic, so I can’t help her :confused:, but maybe you all know of something.

I vaguely remember seeing a recipe once that was something like tonic water with some bitters and something else.

There are tons of mocktail recipes for those who choose not to imbibe, but who also don’t want something boring like water or a soda.

Try a Grapefruit Cooler, 8 oz. GJ with a few dashes of Angostura Bitters over ice and stir. The Dust Cutter is 6 oz. tonic water with 1 oz. lime juice over ice in a tall glass. A Kona Coast is 1 oz lime juice, 1/4 oz. grenadine, 5 oz. apple juice and 2 oz. ginger ale over ice. If they like something tart and frothy, try a Red Racket: 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail with 1/2 grapefruit juice over ice in a blender until smooth. There’s always the ever-ridiculed Shirley Temple as well (a ginger ale over ice with 1 oz. lime juice, 1 oz. grenadine, and garnished with a cherry).

Just try searching for “mixed drink” or “mocktail” recipes.