BarnOwl has passed away

I wanted to let friends of BarnOwl know that he passed away. He was suffering from lung cancer and emphysema, and he recently had a mild heart attack that required two stents. It may have been that he had a blood clot from the stent procedure, or a bout of pneumonia, or simply that his lungs finally gave out. We declined to have an autopsy performed, so we’ll never know for sure. At any rate, he passed away on Friday, April 10.

I know he was an active member here, but I didn’t know how to contact this friends on this board directly.

I’m sorry: I did try to post this in the In Memoriam folder, but was unable to do so; perhaps a moderator can move the thread?

~BarnOwl’s Daughter

I am very sorry for your loss.

I’m very sorry to hear about this.

My condolences to you and your family - he will be sorely missed around here.

I’m so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to your family, and thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and letting us know.

So sorry! :frowning:

I’m so sorry.

RIP

Thanks for letting us know.

RIP, Barn Owl.

Sorry for your loss.

Oh wow, how sudden. I’m sorry for your loss.

I’m so very sorry.

I’m so sorry for your loss! Your dad was a real sweetheart – he and I were email pals off the boards as well (if you see a strange “Judy” with a verizon email address in his address book, that’s me). We shared a love of crossword puzzles and a passion for lefty politics.

My condolences to you, your mother, and everyone else who loved Skip.
(PS: Are you the mother of the twins? I know he was crazy about them.)

My condolences, my thoughts and prayers are going out to all who knew and loved him. :frowning: He will be missed, but his legacy will go on.

I’m very sorry. Peace be with you.

I’m so sorry. Please accept my condolences.

I’m so sorry. Thank you for taking the time to pass on this news.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

I remember BarnOwl.

I liked his questions and enjoyed our exchanges.

I’m sorry he won’t be with us here anymore.

Heartfelt condolences.

I’m very sorry to hear this. Always appreciated reading his posts. May light perpetual shine upon his face.