Bars I've visited that don't exist in this world

I’ve listened while Lynyrd Skynyrd danced with Linda Lou at a place called The Jug.
Garth Brooks introduced me to some of his low placed friends at The Oasis.
Charlie Daniels’ car broke down near The Dew Drop Inn.

What other songs mention the name of a drinking establishment in their lyrics?

Jimmy Buffett has taken me to:

The Krystal - “The Great Filling Station Holdup”

The Rainbow - “You’ll Never Work In Dis Bidness Again”

Stateline Bar - “Pascagoola Run”

Songs? I don’t know any songs.

I have been to the White Hart, Gavagan’s Bar, Callahan’s, The Draco Tavern, Ten Forward, a cantina in Mos Eisley, Rick’s, and many others I cannot immediately recall…

Moe’s Tavern, Home of the Flaming Moe.
Bada-Bing but I don’t go there for the drinks
Karatos for some karaoke

Ate me some beans at The Coasters Smoky Joe’s Cafe.

Sticking with the Coasters:
“Down in Mexicali
There’s a crazy little place that I know
Where the drinks are hard, the chili’s soft,
And the boss is a cat named Joe…”

Then there’s Johnny Horton’s Red Dog Saloon in Fairbanks, Alaska. (Springtime in Alaska)

The House of the Rising Sun is somewhere in New Orleans and…This could go on a long, long time. I’ll leave a few hundred for somebody else.

Rosa’s Cantina - El Paso - Marty Robbins

I’ve been to Old Joe’s Place, courtesy of the Folksmen. You know, that neon sign that says “Ea At oe’s,” and where there’s “a puppy in the parlor and a skillet on the stove and a smelly old blanket that a Navajo wove.”

If it doesn’t sound familiar, the song is by “The Folksmen” and it’s in the film, A Mighty Wind.

Copacabana

I can go you all one better: I regularly visited, actually, physically, in corpore proprio, the unnamed “early morning barroom” down the way from Miller’s Tool and Die celebrated in Harry Chapin’s “A Better Place To Be”. The song was composed as a result of Harry’s visit to my home town, en route from college at Cornell to his brothers’ campuses north and northeast of it. At the time Harry was there, it was called the Tap-a-Keg and is now the Hitchin’ Post. And it’s every bit the rundown, sad-story sort of extablishment Harry memorialized.

Not much for bars, but I remember a real nice gal named Alice who had a restaurant. Can’t recall the name of the place.

Polycarp, I’m jealous! I used to sing “Better Place to Be” when a friend of mine, who was a guitarist, and who played in various pubs, wanted to cover it at a gig. Great song, and I always wished I had made the effort to look for the place when I passed through Watertown NY, as I did a number of times in the 1980s. At least now, with your information, I’ll know where to go, should I happen through Watertown again. Which isn’t as likely as it once was, but who knows? Thanks for the info!

Alice’s Resturant isn’t the name of the resturant, it’s the name of the song. :slight_smile:

House Of The Rising Sun isn’t really known for the drinks they serve.

Hoyt Axton gave us the Lightnin’ Bar:

I don’t need no diamond ring
I don’t need no Cadillac car
Just want to drink my Ripple wine
Down in the Lightnin’ Bar.

Although when Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen visited they drank Lone Star beer instead of Ripple wine!

In a little cafe just the other side of the border, she was just sitting there givin’ me looks that made my mouth water. So I started walking her way. She belonged to bad man, Jose. And I knew, yes I knew I should leave, when I heard her say, yeah

Yeah, I bin there.

Tris

From the world of comics: Munden’s Bar. The White Horse in DC’s Sandman, where Hob Gadling decides to become immortal.

From the world of dystopia: Korova Milk Bar.

Mary Chapin Carpenter took me Down To The Twist & Shout.

Sunset Grill - Don Henley

Never actually been there, but once I had this (rather overweight) old queen once proposition me to join him for drinks at EJ’s Club. You might not know the name, but you can’t miss it–it’s at the end of the street.

O’Malley’s Bar isn’t a place you forget in a hurry.