Bat out of Hell - The Album

Anyone know who the female vocalist is/was on “You took the words right of my mouth” . The one who promised to “offer her throat to the wolf with the red roses”?

Ellen Foley, who played the public defender in the first couple of seasons of Night Court was the vocalist for that song.

Ellen Foley.

You would get quicker responses posting music questions in Cafe Society.

From the page at CDNow, it appears that it might be Ellen Foley. Hers is the only obviously female name listed for vocals.

Hope this helps.

I’m slooooooooooooow.

My apologies, I was thinking of Paradise by the Dashboard Light. I need to actually pay attention when I read.:smack:

Here are the credits for Bat out of Hell. It doesn’t specify who sang back-up on which track. Since the IMDB site only mentions Paradise by the Dashboard Light, I would suspect Ellen Foley did not do You Took the Words Right out of my Mouth. Possibly it was Rory Dood.

Thanks guys.

“You would get quicker responses posting music questions in Cafe Society.”

That’s what I realised a nanosecond after I pressed the ‘submit’ button :slight_smile:

That should be Rory Dodd.

[This Cite](http://www.jimsteinman.com/bat1lyr.htm#YOU TOOK THE WORDS) lists three background vocalists: Ellen Foley, Rory Dodd, and Todd Rungren for that track. I think we can eliminate Rungren, so that leaves either Foley or Dodd for the line in question.

I’ll go with Foley thanks MB - The voice is deffo female unless this cold Guinness in front of me is affecting my hearing!

No, I agree. But until a few minutes ago, I’ve only know Rory to be a women’s name. Doing a little research on Google, I now see that Rory Dodd is a guy.

So, along with everyone else, I’ll vote for Ellen Foley.

Off to Cafe Society.

DrMatrix - General Questions Moderator