Battlestar Galactica 1.7 — "Six Degrees of Separation" (spoilers ho)

Who the hell wrote “Cylon” on Galactica-Boomer’s mirror? Doesn’t seem at all like the kind of thing that the Chief would do, and who else has reason to suspect that she’s a Cylon? Or did the possibly telepathically generated Shelley Godfrey do it?

Didn’t someone else previously suggest that only Starbuck will be able to make nice with the Cylon raider? You’d think it would do it’s best to get away from her, what with her survival knife lobotomy and all.

It could be Boomer herself. Who knows how much conflict is going on deep down. She has been seen doing things she’s not consciously aware of so who knows.

It’s just a WAG.

At least she didn’t wake up with a yellow crayon in her hand. :slight_smile:

To which she would exclaim, “I didn’t do it!” And Tyrol would reply:
“Of course you didn’t do it. Someone’s obviously trying to set you up!” :rolleyes:

I asked last week what’s going on with the Cylon Raider. Is it dead? If so then shouldn’t it be decomposing? Yet Tyrol is crawling around in its goo.

Or, is it still alive, and what’s the inevitable result of a metabolizing organism? Well, I think that was answered in the deleted scene. But I would have liked some comment on this in the show.

Something else I’m pondering. At the beginning of the show, the camera was out in space, then zoomed into the fleet and ended close-up with the Galactica. The very last scene in the show was the camera close up on the Galactica, then zooming away from the fleet. What was that about? Was that intended to show us Miss Godfrey entering the fleet undetected, boarding the Galactica, then leaving again, undetected and at will?

What does that say about the Cylons’ abilities? Do they know where the fleet is? Can they come & go as they please? Are the humans really being completely played?

Didja catch Gaeta’s little throwaway line at the end of his scene showing Baltar the recovered original photograph? “Once the photos were fully resolved, it was almost too easy… Like she wanted to be found out.”

I liked this episode a whole lot. Better than the last three, certainly, and I liked those too.

Favorite moment: When Shelly Godfrey makes the seduction play for Adama, and then we cut straight to him on the phone not buying it for a minute. Honestly, I thought that was laugh-out-loud great.

The wait for me between shows every week is very very long.

I figured the chief did it. He’s seen quite enough to figure out that boomer’s a cylon. He might just be in denial.

But then again, it could be Boomer trying to convince herself.

But either the Chief or Boomer herself.

Maybe she wanted to be found out, but it seems like poor planning. If they only have 12 inflitration models, and they know that the humans will be on the lookout for anyone who looks like those IDed as Cylons, revealing one model gives them one less to work with in the future.

So now they are down to 9 they can use. 8 once they figure boomer out.

Probably another crewman. Other people are starting to notice that she’s acting odd.

Boomer’s almost erotic reaction to the Cyclon fighter had a number of people thinking :dubious:
Will there be repercussions for Adama’s unilateral (and, I still think, legally questionable) decision to close the tribunal and end the investigation? Is Sgt Hadrian still confined to quarters?
-None is mentioned, nor do I suspect there would be.
-No mention of Hadrian

Will Chief Tyrol’s conflicting loyalties (to Boomer vs duty) finish wrestling with one another? Will he tell anyone what he is clearly beginning to suspect?
-I don’t think that he is at the point where he really thinks she’s a Cylon.

Is Starbuck still being kept in the background in sickbay, after several weeks of being front and center?
-She’s in rehabilitation for her knee

Will they remember they have a captured Cylon raider, since they didn’t talk about it at all last week? Or has it been stuck in the same corner where Enterprise keeps its Suliban pod?
-Yes, although the crew haven’t been able to get it to work much. I suspect that the biological components are in fact decomposing so that it will eventually become unworkable,

Why was it important for Boomer II back on Caprica to keep Helo alive and under observation?
-Hasn’t been revealed yet

Is anybody going to comment on Baltar’s odd behavior? (I halfway expect to see him in the corridor talking to his fist: “Daggit flavored kee-ses!”)
-Most people think he’s essentric. See below.

How’s the President’s New Age cancer treatment going?
-Not very well it seems

And will her curly-haired aide get a line this week, after a couple of episodes in a row of standing around off to the side?
-He has a few

And from last week’s preview for this week’s show: Number Six is talking to Adama? What the hell? Okay, speculation ahead— either this is the actual human on which the Cylons based their Number Six design, just to mess with people; or this is another copy of the Number Six model; or there really is a chip in Baltar’s head and it can project realities into other people’s minds, not just his. The last is stupid and Star Trekky; I don’t know which of the first two I think is better. Either way, Baltar is fracked.

-There are more than one copies, remember. The Number 6 talking to Adama is “Shelly Godfrey”. She claims to be an aide to the scientist on the Olympia before it was destroyed and accuses Baltar of conspiring with the Cylons. There is a funny scene where the bridge crew introduces her to Baltar and he thinks she is a figment of his imagination. “and she is where?” “standing right next to you” [looks past her] etc. She disappears at the end of the episode so we never really know if she was real or not.

Standard weekly questions: Who gets naked and screws? What will be the latest thing to be messed up by the overworked and undersupervised enlisteds?
-Caprica Boomer and Helo

The cylons did throw away a model design (a very nice one I might add), but now their pet human (with leadership’s ear) is practically beyond reproach.

Horsepucky. “She’s standing roght besode you!” And the guy still talks to invisible people. :slight_smile:

msmith537, that’s one hell of a big black box you got there. I’ve seen this before so I’ve gotta ask, Is any of that actually a spoiler? I.e., information about episodes not yet aired in the US, because you’ve seen the episodes aired in England?

Nope, none whatsoever.

I loved the foiled seduction ploy too! There have been so many movies/TV shows where I want to scream “don’t fall for that–he/she’s so obviously using you!” It was great to see someone actually wise to it.

My guess is Boomer wrote on her own mirror. I think some part of her subconsious realizes that she’s been acting suspiciously (e.g. the bit with the raider) and it’s a warning to watch her step. Less likely is that it’s part of her cylon nature revealing itself to her bit by bit.

But I do think it’s her. Tyrol may be starting to have doubts about her, but I think he’s still too much in love with her to acknowledge those doubts or to torment her. It could be another crew member, but I would guess she’s high enough in the command structure that they wouldn’t risk getting found out. Besides, after last week, Tyrol seems a more likely suspect (at least to those who didn’t see what we saw in “Water”). I guess it could be Baltar, but I think he’s too hung up on himself and his own issues to waste time thinking about anyone that doesn’t concern him directly.

I felt sorry for poor old Gaeta. Balter was all nicey-nicey to him when he needed help. Then when the picture was discovered to be a fake, Baltar immediately returned to ignoring him. Poor, poor Gaeta! :frowning:

And perhaps, there’ some kind of subconscious communications link between this Boomer and the one on Caprica, because she saw the writing and panicked during the HOT BOOMER SEX!! taking place elsewhere. In fact, it’s entirely possible that the HOT BOOMER SEX!! subconsciously inspired her to go to her locker to begin with, so that she could take off her clothes, because the other Boomer was naked during the HOT BOOMER SEX!!.

So when Galactica Boomer was having HOT BOOMER SEX!! with the Chief, did Caprica Boomer write anything? You know, because of her double having HOT BOOMER SEX!!?

It’s from Fridays episode (US). It’s only a spoiler if you haven’t seen it yet.

RED-HOT GLOWING SPINE BOOMER SEX

Geeze, maybe she really smokes after sex.

I for one am a big fan of HOT BOOMER SEX!!. I think that including more HOT BOOMER SEX!! in other science fiction would greatly enhance their HOT BOOMER SEX!! appeal. Imagine Star Trek with plenty of HOT BOOMER SEX!! and less Borg. The Enterprise is out exploring the far reaches of the Galaxy and find nothing so they spend the last 20 minutes of the show displaying some HOT BOOMER SEX!!

Baltair is one lucky person even if he’s not getting any HOT BOOMER SEX!!.

The only thing better than HOT BOOMER SEX!! is HOT SIX SEX!! and the only thing better than HOT SIX SEX!! is HOT BOOMER & SIX SEX!!

Which only begs the question: What’s even better than HOT BOOMER & SIX SEX!!? Well, that’s easy…HOT BOOMER & SIX ORGY!!! with ALL their clones!

I’ll be in my bunk.

Hey, Voltaire, will you do something about that squeaky bedspring? Some of us are trying to sleep in our bunks!