Battlestar Galactica 3.11 - "The Eye of Jupiter" (spoilers)

Poor Baltar? The man threesomes with Six and Xenabot.

I’d probably betray the human race for a bit of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe they’re all that’s left?

Before the war the Cylons built up enough to take out the Colonies, and they did it quite successfully.

Now they’re engaged in something else that takes up their resources. They wouldn’t be the first group to win a war in the battlefield and lose it in the peace that follows.

-Joe

One of the remaining Cylons revealed .

/silly video

Okay, I’m back from vacation and have gotten caught up on the TiVo.

According to IMDB, Hoshi was introduced in “Pegasus” and has popped up every now and then ever since. Unlike the Trek version, this character, more appropriately for the name, is male.

According to a behind-the-scenes feature on the official website, this shooting location is near Kamloops in British Columbia.

They’ve occasionally monkeyed with the recaps a bit. At the top of “The Captain’s Hand,” we got a line from Adama to Tigh about how he was going to put Garner in charge of Pegasus, which was cut from a prior episode and not seen prior to the recap but which now became necessary to identify the battlestar’s new commander. Also, in many recaps showing the scene of Boomer getting shot in the corridor Jack Ruby style, they added a voiceover, “Cally shot Boomer!” that wasn’t in the original episode, apparently to make it more clearly expository. I know there’s at least one more, but I can’t recall the specifics at the moment.

Okay. Thoughts on the episode:

Good. Not great, though. Lots of plot, lots of forward movement (or at least establishing hooks on which forward movement will be hung), lots of stuff that reassures us they’re not losing track of the overall storyline or any of the ongoing threads they’ve been developing up to this point. I really liked the few minutes from Boomer telling Athena about Hera through Adama confronting Roslin and then going to apologize to Athena and Helo. Nice little arc.

Still, I can’t help feeling that the episode was a little… I don’t know, flat somehow. Like the characters weren’t as rich and compelling and unpredictable as they usually are, or like the dialogue was a bit too on-the-nose, or something. Maybe it’s just me, but I might just be over-sensitive to the writer of this installment, who previously gave us “Black Market” and “Collaborators” and other episodes that felt to me like they should have been better than they were. At this point, when I see his name in the credits, I prickle a bit, and I start to notice the flaws and even more significantly the overall approach to the storytelling, certainly to a greater degree than I do when the script is by one of the other writers on the staff.

I’ll need to watch the episode again to come up with specific examples; nothing’s coming to mind right now. But we’ve got a month before the show resumes, so there’ll be lots of time and opportunity for revisiting material in the ramp-up.

Oh, and I read a MASSIVE, MAJOR spoiler rumor for the next handful of shows, one that demands discussion. I’ll save it for a separate thread, though.

Happy holidays, y’all.

Why do they call the pre-cogs (lady in the water) hybrids? What are they hybrids of?

Dude, out with it, or we’re gonna beat you up and steal your lunch money.
BTW, were you gone?