Beavis and Butt-head Do the Universe, new movie out June 23

For those of you who can’t get enough of Beavis and Butt-head, they’re back in a new movie. They look to be about as stupid as ever.

Too bad it’s only coming out on Paramount+ which I don’t have. I’m hoping there’s another way to watch without signing up.

Dammit, looks like I have to get another streaming service now.

Huh huh. You said ‘coming out’. Huh huh huh.

Oh yeah, I did. huh huh.

Yes, that’s the bug-a-boo about streaming services. There might be one really good thing you really want to see, but do you pay a monthly subscription just for that? If you do, you can end up with half a dozen streaming services that will add up to more than cable. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, and that’s pretty much it for now. I’ll see how it develops in terms of choices and pricing.

Subscribe to many of the lesser ones for only 2 months a year.

We do Prime and HBOMax year round, Netflix for 6-7 months, we’re still on the original $4/month pre-live plan for Disney+.

In August we’ll drop Netflix again but cycle through ParamountStar Trek Strange New Worlds, PeacockResident Alien, Acorn Murdoch Mysteries HuluWhat We Do in the Shadows and eventually AppleTed Lasso again. Each probably for 2 months.

Great idea! :slight_smile:

[Sees thread topic. Covers face. Weeps softly as years of bitter memories resurface.]
[Ponders whether to respond. Goes back and forth on this several times. Sighs deeply, throws hands up.]
[Digs through closet. Drags out old, dusty, creaky soapbox and old, crumbling paper. Puts down soapbox. Climbs on it. Wobbles slightly. Regains balance. Clears throat.]

Is being a member of Generation X and not liking this cartoon allowed?

Is acknowledging that the cartoon isn’t responsible for inciting violence or corrupting kids and anyone who seriously argues this is an idiot and still not liking it allowed?

Is understanding that the cartoon is a real trailblazer and belongs on any list of the most influential shows of all time and still not liking it allowed?

Is accepting that hordes and hordes and hordes of fans absolutely worship this cartoon and still not liking it allowed?

Is finding ugliness, stupidity, immaturity, and gross-out humor repugnant and unwatchable regardless of context allowed?

Is it okay to be sad that this is the one 90’s cartoon anyone ever talks about, while Tiny Toon Adventures, Batman The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Exo Squad, Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego, Freakazoid, The Critic, Duckman, Pepper Ann, Stunt Dawgs, The Tick, Johnny Bravo, Dexter’s Lab, The Powerpuff Girls etc. etc. etc. may as well have never existed?

Is it acceptable to find a paean to teenage nihilism designed for an extremely specific demographic and time period completely out of place in [year this thing’s happening in]?

Isn’t it sad, or at least suspicious, that you can’t even find someone who’ll admit to not liking this cartoon, a privilege not even South Park has these days?

Is it acceptable, in any forum, platform, or space in existence, to find endless repetitions of “huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh” any of the following: played out, irritating, annoying, pointless, tiresome, boring, stupid, mindless, overdone, mind-numbing, warmed-over? Particular when even that Chuck Norris thing eventually wore out its welcome?

[Gets off soapbox. Puts soapbox and paper back into storage. Brushes off hands. Goes back to watching Touhou videos.]

Jasmine - Yeah, the thing that flusters me about these services is why there’s no pay-per-view option, which cable has had since forever. I’m not subscribing to Peacock just for American Ninja Warrior Junior, but if I could get a season of that for, say, $8, I’d definitely go for it.

Assuming you just want to watch and don’t need to repeat it down the road, just wait for the season to be done, pay $5, and watch it all in a month.

I don’t understand people who rail against streaming services (not specific to you, just in general). They’re super easy to cancel, you aren’t signing a 2 year contract, just wait until it has a bunch of stuff you want and subscribe for a month. You’ll easily get your $5-15 worth.