Because We Can Never Get Enough… It’s A Monty Python MMP

Y’all know, me bein’ the perfect lil’ angel that I am, I pretty much go to church every Sunday. Now,now, don’t be frightened by the brightness of my halo, it’s alright children. :smiley:

Anywho, yesterday (yes, I know, I know… technically I am posting this on Sunday night EDT, but remember, it’s Monday for some of us Mumpers already. Think diversity, children, diversity!), one of the hymns we sang was All Things Bright And Beautiful. Now, I lurve this hymn. However, thanks to Monty Python and especially Eric Idle, my voice is singin’ “All things bright and beautiful. All creatures great and small. All things wise and wonderful. The Lord God made them all". However, my brain is singin’ this…
All Things Dull and Ugly.

I’ve included the words for those of you who may feel compelled to sing along. I mean, hey, who doesn’t like a good Monty Python singalong, right?

All Things Dull and Ugly

*All things dull and ugly,
All creatures short and squat,
All things rude and nasty,
The Lord God made the lot.

Each little snake that poisons,
Each little wasp that stings,
He made their brutish venom.
He made their horrid wings.

All things sick and cancerous,
All evil great and small,
All things foul and dangerous,
The Lord God made them all.

Each nasty little hornet,
Each beastly little squid–
Who made the spikey urchin?
Who made the sharks? He did!

All things scabbed and ulcerous,
All pox both great and small,
Putrid, foul and gangrenous,
The Lord God made them all.

Amen.*

BTW, feel free to add your favorite Monty Python song. They are numerous. Feel free to sing away and share.

Now that I’ve given y’all an earworm for the day I feel my work here is done.

Well, my work is almost done. There is one momentous Mumper occasion today. Today is the birthday of our very own and much loved Taters. Thus, da bear must sing!

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR TTTAAATTTEEERRRSSS!!!

Happy Monday Y’all!!!

First! First!

My personal favorite!

*The Philosopher’s Song (Monty Python)

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.
Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.
David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel,
And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel. *

Wasn’t sure if we were allowed to post full songs.

Haze if it ain’t copyrighted and well, heck, like we ever cared anyways… it’s fine to post a whole song. I’m sure all the folks over at Monty Python would be flattered that such a fine, well educated, erudite and all around couth buncha folks would deign to deem them worthy of quoting. :smiley:

Ima go to bed now. Nitey nite y’all and enjoy!

I got nothin’.

Cranky from pricing menus and waiting for the ice cream to get here.

“The Diva’s Lament” from Spamalot is one of my new favorites!

I’ve always been quite fond of a few of the Monty Python songs. Everyone remember the Penis song?

Isn’t it awfully nice to have a penis?
Isn’t it frightfully good to have a dong?
It’s swell to have a stiffy,
It’s divine to own a dick,
From the tiniest little tadger
To the World’s Biggest Prick!
So, three cheers for your willy or John Thomas!
Hooray for your one-eyed trouser snake!
Your piece of pork, your wife’s best friend,
your Percy or your cock;
You can wrap it up in ribbons!
You can stick it in your sock!
But don’t take it out in public
or they will stick you in the dock
and you wont come back!

Not a whole lot going on around here. Taking care of my mom while she goes through chemo round #1, and things seem to be going okay. I’ll get to go back to work again soon, as I’ve got to finagle leave time to keep my job (not covered under FMLA rules), but my siblings will be coming to take over soon enough anyway. We’ll see how everything goes.

I like that one, too. And the one about not succeeding on Broadway because they don’t have any Jews.

I wish I could see that show again.

Fav MP song of all time: the Galaxy Song. Or maybe the Money song… so many to choose from.
Off to bed soon. Afterall, it’s 9pm. Daughter is back from Prom/dunes/BBQ. She is exhausted and no speaking of Prom. This means she had a good time, because she is never too tired for Drama. I’m just glad she’s back in one piece. #2 son’s birthday party went well. I guess Prince Caspian was ok, just kind of disjointed.

Haze, I also like the Drunken Philosophers. My second favourite is Every Sperm is Sacred, which is pure brilliance in every possible way.

Last year I got tickets to see Eric Idle perform his new oratorio called “Definitely Not The Messiah”, which was loosely based on Life of Brian. 'Twas quite funny and I do recommend it if it happens to breeze into your town at any point, though definitely not as good as Spamalot (which I enjoyed, despite the fact that it neglected to include the witch-burning scene).

Hippo birdie two ewes, Taters! May there be much appreciatin’ coming your way in celebration of your special day. :slight_smile:

I have nothing to add except more cat pics.

A Python MMP! And on Sunday… Now that I can get behind!

Always look on the bright side of life…

[sup]Not so bad, once you’re up.[/sup]

Happy BDay taters!

High school - memories of getting wasted with friends and watching Monty Python at 11 PM on Sundays.

That kitten is adorable. Thanks for sharing. :smiley:

Kitten! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mahna, that’s my second favorite song too. :smiley:

This song and Biz Markie’s “Just a Friend” are the two songs that I wish I could play on the piano. I’ve never played the damned instrument at all, but I’d like to be able to walk over to the piano in the mall and bust out one of those songs and just keep on going.

As far as Python songs go, I’m partial to “Always Look On the Bright Side Of Life”. Either that or the universe song from Meaning of Life.

Hey everyone, just got back from SUSHI! swampy, these MMP’s are gettin’ earlier and earlier! Eventually this is going to be the Wednesday Afternoon Post or something.

I agree. It’s a song that’s always cheered me up at the lowest points of my life.
Life’s a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life’s a laugh and death’s a joke, it’s true…*

If you haven’t seen the video in a while: click.

Morning all. Great OP, swampus! Work to do, so I will mull over the Monty Python theme and come back later!

STOP THAT, STOP THAT!! THERE’LL BE [SIZE=7]NO SINGING!!![/SIZE]

B-but Fahthah…

I just got home from THE most squeeable kiddy birthday party EVAR! Behold, Princess Grandkid! She’s three and I must say this was one of the funnest kid parties I’ve ever been to. The weather was perfect, sunny and warm but not too hot. The kids played in the sprinkler, we had water balloons and squirt guns and apparently a croquet set. The whole fam damily showed up to help Princess open the pile o’presents, mack out on cake, and experiment with cross dressing. (whole fam damily picture is [standing in rear] son in law, Grandboy and daughter, son and daughter in law seated in front.)

As always, Himself and Grandboy bonded over technology. Later on Princess decided she needed to clean up after the party, while son in law apparently played himself to sleep!

A wonderful time was had by all, and I got to meet the parents of my future daughter in law and they are both fabulous–they raised a wonderful daughter and we’re very happy to be welcoming her to the family.

I’m feeling damned good right now!