Beck is unwell some more: first post 2022-05-06, last update 2022-05-10 (up and around)

Congrats on getting home, Beck. There must have been much rejoicing at the Wrekk Ranch.

Every circus needs an acrobat. You already have a high wire act: the Meezers.

And kudos on catching the chlorine smell so early. Nobody else smelled it?

With all this animal mess, why have we not heard stories of the pushmepullyou, Mrs Doolittle.

Yes. Most inmates smelled it. I went down to the day room an everyone was grousing.

I told them I was going in my bathroom and turn the exhaust on.
I called Son-of-a-wrek. He said get outside now. Go as far away as you can. I did just that.

I had to go to the eye doc after dialysis yesterday. My inner eyelids were very inflamed and painful.

He said some patients has blisters around the eyes and noses.

I’m glad I went out early.
I got the cats all boxed up. And we sat on a bench as far away as I could.

Oh. The figure eights: always, every morning. I’m klutzy and it’s dangerous. I hold the rail all the way down

Hey, Beckers, this kind of report about the goings-on in the animal kingdom at the Wrek Wranch is what I’ve been missing and always appreciate! Good to know that Jojo has become an acrobat and has befriended Hari. I can just imagine Bayliss peering carefully around corners, keeping a watchful eye on Jojo, the newly arrived reformed tramp. More stories, please! Also, not meaning to be pushy, but if at all possible, when convenient, pictures of Jojo and maybe new pictures of Bayliss would be fantastic. :slight_smile:

You mean the chlorine was strong enough that it hurt your eyes? That’s awful! And I hate to think of those poor patients with blisters. :frowning: This doesn’t sound like a laundry problem. I mean, they could drop a gallon of bleach, and it’s not going to affect the whole facility like that. Yikes.

Did they give you some soothing salve or prednisone drops or anything?

There are varieties of highly concentrated chlorine bleach available to institutional facilities. It may have been spillage of something like that.

A lot of people don’t realize that chlorine is dangerous, because they’re so used to thinking of it as a standard cleaning fluid.

This chlorine was especially toxic.
Son-of-a-wrek said it was the industrial type stuff. He donned a respirator to go in and get my med bag. His eyes were burning for that short time.
I have a blister pop up on my bottom lip. I’m not sure if the chlorine caused it. I cannot say.
Yes @nelliebly the other, sicker than me patients were very pitiable.
They brought one wheelchair bound women all the way out by me, that night. She was so cold and weeping.
My heart went out to her.
I had Son bring an EMT straight to her. They got her in a ambulance and to the hospital quickly. I was so glad.

I know there were others in that state or worse. I can only hope they got them out quickly.

@wolfpup, I’m working on the pix, I promise.
Jojo and me were out seeing Hari alittle while ago.
I sat on the lawn chair and they had a little squabble about who was getting up there. Then both jumped up simultaneously. And they curled around in a YingYang on my lap. And purring loudly commenced.

Bayliss has been a perfect gentleman except for an embarrassing digestive problem.
I kinda laughed out loud at him once. He was mortified and ran in the closet. I swear he shut the door.
I’ve refrained laughing since then, altho’ it’s been hard, because the stinks just keep coming.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Industrial strength–that makes sense. Ignorance fought–and thanks!. But why wasn’t the alarm sounded and evacuation started by the staff immediately after the spill? The school custodians showed me the OSHA manual on handling cleaning chemicals. It was 3 inches thick. Surely one of the first steps is something like, “Commence evacuation of the building immediately.” .

I feel so sorry for all the patients, especially that poor cold lady. And Beck, unless you somehow normally get blisters on your lips, it seems likely it’s from the chlorine.

I salute Son-of-Wrek for his quick thinking and expertise. He’s a hero, and we know where he got that!

@nelliebly, I think folks/staff noticed the slight odor at first.
But I’m such a busy body and pot stirer that I sprung the alarm first.

When I called Son he knew about such things, more than I and told me to tell someone and get outside quick. I went on out and messaged the Director lady. I nearly called the fire department but I didn’t.
She came over pretty quick. I assume some staff had already called her. She called the fire department as soon as she got here and got the staff to start pulling people outdoors.

She brought me the cat crates and just shook her head. I feel I must’ve been a thorn in her side these few weeks.

And does he learn to not do that? Of course not, he’s a cat. (I feel bad when I step on my cat also - she doesn’t learn either.)

Are you kidding me? I get resentful looks.

I haven’t been hanging around SD as much lately. Sorry to read of your recent tribulations, happy to see you are coming out on top.

I’ve noticed you weren’t here as often. You’ve been missed.

I thank you for your concern, I’m getting stronger everyday. No one accepts my excuses, around here.
So I’m obligated to get up and do stuff.
The grand wrex and pets keep me moving.

Or as a dessert topping.

??
(and characters)

I’m so confused

It’s from an old Saturday Night Live skit – “New Shimmer is both a floor wax and a dessert topping!”.