Beckdawrek is unwell

You’re my dolphin when sharks are around me.

And I love you for it❤️
Deal with it my Friend.
:blush:

They figure the procedure worked. First they thought I wouldn’t need a pacemaker, then they said I did. (The monitor I was wearing told them; I only felt vaguely briefly odd.) It’s a little unnerving when they bring the machine to start your heart again right in next to your bed and leave it there, having checked to make sure the patches they stuck on your chest to have ready just in case have the right type of connectors.

They didn’t need to re-start me, though, and they got the pacemaker in the next morning, and let me go home that day anyway. (There’s a friend staying with me. She makes very good soup.)

I’ve progressed from feeling like I’d been hit by two trucks in succession, to feeling like I’d been hit by only one truck, to feeling like maybe I haven’t been hit by any but I’ve spent all day trying to push a semi uphill. Maybe by tomorrow I’ll only feel like I’ve spent all day trying to push a pickup truck uphill. Progress!

Sounds good. I’ll push with you.
We can get better together.

Sounds good to me. Stick to the metaphorical pushing for now, though, please.

(You know what? When they told me to lie down and stay there – I lay down and stayed there.)

Madame Beck,
You are a pillar of the Dope. Please continue your recovery. We need you, even if we’re only anonymously following you along.

I wanna walk now. They said no. In fact Nurse Rachet said, and I quote: “Not on this shift young lady!”

I’m gonna sneak up in a minute
What could go wrong?:shushing_face:

You could die?

Seriously, Beck, if they’re telling you to stay down, stay down!

Your chances of being able to walk later will be greatly increased.

I think you have a pretty good idea of that. Now do your brain a favor and lie down.

Pretty sure that’s the sort of flag we want to avoid - :pirate_flag:

I’m really gonna stay down.
I’m kidding.

The CNA will come if I need to go to the bathroom.
They said I could shower tomorrow.
I kinda sponged off and I feel better.
Son-of-a-wrek brought me a subway sandwich.
No snacks here. But I have protein bars and drinks with me.

So, you’re no longer feeling bad, bad, bad? :wink:

Whew!

Don’t scare me like that.

You did see this post awhile back, didn’t you?

:grin:

When my mother, in the early 50’s was a new nurse in a local hospital(Catholic) she said the toughest patients were the older nursing nuns. Maybe Beck is not that challenging.

I’m told I’m exasperating. By lots of folks.
:hugs:

Lol! So, so glad you’re doing relatively well, and that you’ve decided to stay in bed!

Good for you. Being exasperating is a sign of both spunk and high intelligence. When I was in hospital for a week, the two most common words I used to hurl at both doctors and nurses were “why?” and “no!”. :wink:

Stay in bed and take care of yourself until you’re ready to walk out. Then walk out, stopping briefly on the way home only to pick up Jojo, unless he’s home already.

Thx, @wolfpup ,
I’ll be good.
I wanna get out of here as soon as possible.
I forgot how bad the hospitals are. Rehab is like going to spa compared to here.

And Jojo is still in the Vet clinic. They are taking good care of him. And I’m getting a discount and donations. So I’m cool with it.
My family doesn’t want any part of Jojo the cat.
That’s ok, I’ll get him home when I get home.
He’s possibly the last animal I’ll foster or get.
I have alot invested in his recovery. I will not give up.

Glad to hear you’re doing better. Check out this thread when you get a chance:

I did, thx,
I loved it.

Very sweet tale. I highly recommend it.