Beep beep beep...beep beep beep...

I. Am. Losing. My. Mind.

…beep beep beep…beep beep beep…beep beep beep…beep beep beep…

The clock/timer on my stove is beeping, for no apparent reason.

It’s been doing it all day long.

I can’t get it to stop.

And the landlord is out of town until the 14th.

Must. Kill. Kenmore.

GOD DAMMIT! Shut the fuck up, you stupid piece of gaseous shit! I hate you I hate you, you inanimate shrieking asshat! STOP IT!!!1one.

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

Is it an electric stove? Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in? Silly suggestion, but I can’t think of anything else, other than a Louisville Slugger…

Can you unplug the thing and then let it sit for fifteen minutes, then plug it back in? I heard that this might reset it.

If the stove software was designed by Microsoft, I’d say that’s very solid advice! :slight_smile:

You could also try flipping the circuit breaker, if you don’t feel like lugging the stove off the wall far enough to yank the plug.

I’ll lay five to one Giraffe makes a ‘moved moved moved…to mip mip sims’ post next time he’s logged in.

Great beat. I could really dance to it. Perhaps a touch more profanity is needed towards the end, there.

For instance.

Each smiley could be shouting FUCK! Like so:

:smack: {FUCK!) :smack: {FUCK!) :smack: {FUCK!)

etcetera.

I just went through this with my oven. There was no way to turn it off EXCEPT by finding where the computer display plugs in. Not to the wall. I had to pull out the drawer under the oven and then disconnect the wires.

Ah, sanity. This is my second time through this. I think it time it means a new computer. Last time it cost me $200 with the service call.

You know, if you really wanted to solve this problem (instead of just uselessly rant about it), you could provide some basic information. Like the manufacturer & model number of the stove you’re complaining about.

Then people could suggest sites like www.appliance411.com or www.kenmore.com that might give you the information need to fix this.

THANKG OG IN HEAVEN, IT STOPPED OVERNIGHT!!!

It’s a gas stove with electric start and electric clock. I did try unplugging it, first thing. I am of the Microsoft generation. It’s my first impluse in life. When my preemie decided breathing wasn’t her thing, we called it “rebooting”.

I’m sure you’re right. You fuckers couldn’t have been more mean to me to make this pit-worthy, huh? You really know how to let a girl down. :smiley:

I like it.

Thanks! I may use that in the future.

Yes, except I’m a renter who just moved in a month ago and I don’t know and of that information. The landlord, who might, is as I said, out of town. But thanks for the URLs, that may come in handy in the future.

holds out her wrists to the Mods
Alright, alright, MPSIMS me, coppers.

Well, that’s no fun.

GE phone home…? :smiley:

One Christmas Eve at my sister’s house, the whole family went to church except me and my father. It was up to me to take the festive holiday lasagnas out of the boxes and pop them into the oven. For some reason we set the timer (or maybe my sister did). A while later, a beeper started going off. My father, a retired electrical engineer, and me, a software designer, could not figure out how to turn the damned thing off. We pushed and pulled and twisted every button, knob, and whatever-o-stat we could find. No luck.

When my sister got home, she pressed one button – on the other stove – and the beeping stopped.

LOL! Festive holiday lasagnas :slight_smile:

The timer alarm on my stove (old piece of crap circa 1980) starting going off all the time. Because the dials were broken, you couldn’t turn the timer to Off, you could only re-extend it for an unknown period of time. Maybe you’d get two hours of respite, maybe you’d get ten minutes. That made for some fun nights. My wife finally just ripped the mechanism right off the front of the stove; almost caused a fire. We then had to renovate the entire kitchen because the stove was a non-standard size and we couldn’t replace it without destroying the surrounding cabinets.

Good times.

And you think you’re free of the beeping menace now? Muahaha! Silly child…you’ll never be free!!

ahem

I mean, we went through this same situation (by your description, it sounds like the same stove too). It was shortly after we moved into the townhouse we used to live in that the stove started in with the incessant beeping. It would beep for a few hours, then stop for a day or two before kicking in again.

We called the landlord, and he sent out a service guy. Of course, while the service guy was there, everything was just peachy keen.

This went on for awhile – oven beeps, we call landlord, landlord sends repair guy, no problem when repair guy arrives, repair guy sends landlord hefty bill, landlord gets pissed at us for wasting his money (we knew the stove had a bad motherboard, but the landlord didn’t want to hear that).

So, fuggit…we unplugged the damn thing, and lived without an oven for two years. We still had the stovetop to cook on, and the toaster oven and microwave for other cooking.

It all came to a nice end a few weeks ago when we were moving out. We told the landlord we’d be out by June 30th, but he wanted to have his new tenant in on July 1st. Long story slightly shorter, he was there on the 28th helping us with out move so he could get the place ready for the CO Inspector who was coming that day. The inspector showed up, the stove was still fucked, I reminded the landlord that he didn’t want to hear about the bad motherboard, and TFB for you buddy, no CO will be issued until you fix the stove.

sob

It’s beeping again. My husband got it to stop by balancing the switch gently between “Clock” and “Timer” modes. I can’t get it to do that for more than 5 minutes.

bangs head on desk softly in despair

…beep…beep…beep…beep…

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

There’s still the Louisville Slugger option. It’s cathartic, too.

Y’know, we are talking about a man who once dunked (protected) sandwiches in urine, but even so, I’ma guess he isn’t into bondage with married women.

This can go beep over in MPSIMS.