Beer recipes, please

Thinking I’m gonna have to buy a six of this to show support. Only I don’t drink beer in a can or Bud, Light or otherwise. So far I’ve got two things I can do with them–Beer Can Chicken and Beer and Cheese dip. What can I do with the other 4 cans?

Imgur

Adding beer to a pot of chili is yummi.

Beer-batter fish-n-chips.

Or stew, any stew benefits from Beer. Though Bud light might not help that much.

Chili, beer cheese dip, beer bread.

But first you are going to need to buy beer, not Bud Light.

Defeats the purpose. Here’s the conundrum, what can you make with Bud Light. Maybe the Beer Bread? It basically just replaces a few other ingredients, especially the water if I remember right.

Hey, how about a beer marinade. Pork & Chicken should work. Not beef though, beef needs a dark ale like a porter or a stout. Simple too.

I’m most definitely going to try beer bread. My husband is the chili maker around here, I’m sure he’ll make use. Ooooh, snowthx gave me an idea. I’ve already purchased some dried fish to make bacalaitos, no reason not to add Bud.

OK. We are all coming over for that, but we are going to bring some real beer to enjoy with it!

Pour it into the toilet, flush. Eliminate the middle-man(person). Avoids regret.

Green Chile Pork

(you can use other cuts as well, pork shoulder works fine!)

Otherwise, I buy cheap beer frequently to brine various chicken dishes. Sure, it’s not a lot more flavor than water, but more is more. :slight_smile:

A light-tasting beer batter for fried food would also work well, or even in a tempura batter.

Lastly, I often sub out some chicken broth (not stock, broth) in stewed dishes and soups with various lower flavor beers. Or use it for a braising liquid in any dish that would call for a mild white wine.

Using it for brine-- genius!

Dang, thanks for posting. I can’t stand Bud. But I will support AB InBev taking a commendable stand in the culture wars. Thanks to my trans son, I have a front and center seat. I’ll look for a 6 pack next time I go to the supermarket!

Fry some bratwurst just enough to get the skin crispy. Pour a can of beer in the can and let simmer until the brats are done all the way through.

There is no need for that big a sacrifice. Bud = InBev = Groupo Modelo = Good Mexican beer. Go buy Modelo Especial and toast.

If Negro Modelo comes in similar cans, that would be my beer for life.

Every once in a while, I end up in a Wal-Mart or some other desert island. Usually, whichever market has my saving grace of Negro Modelo,

I need the cans to show support. I’ll probably even put the whole 6 pack on my shelf at work.

If it replaces water, why, that’s Bud Lite’s natural application!

Do you like tomato juice? I occasionally have a red-eye or two with a weekend breakfast.

I think the OP had the only decent answer - beer can chicken. For anything that actually incorporates the beer in the dish, you want something with flavor. But beer can chicken essentially just uses it as a steamer, so you can get away with a more tasteless beer.

You can always use it to simmer brats or boil shrimp.

Found this out in the wild.

Imgur