Being the last poster of a thread and then it dies

:+1:

A simple thumbs up does not count as a reply.
So eschereal is the last poster.

yes indeed

I like how unclosed html tags carry past the quotebox

(at least in the preview pane)

Is there a subsection of this phenomenon where you’re the last poster of a thread before it gets locks (and not because of you)?

Because I got one of those, too.

Also since the last time, I’ve killed two more, I’m pretty sure.

oops…wrong thread.

no it’s not

MODERATOR NOTE:*

This thread has now been closed and no more posts are to be permitted. It’s a pretty silly idea.

(* Disclaimer: Note reflects the Zeitgeist of the board, but may not have been made by an actual Moderator. However, no further posts, comment, reflection, musings or reminiscence are permitted by unofficial order of Ed Zotti and Slug Signorio.)

Is that your final answer?

Looks more and more like I’ll die first.
I bet that will shut you guys up.

:grin:

I suppose that does not strictly qualify as “posts, comment, reflection, musings or reminiscence”. I have no idea what point that even makes. Although I have often thought moderators are like large and fluffy cats entering rooms.

Oh yeah? Wait until you don’t hear all the things we say about after you are gone. Like. “Why couldn’ta she stuck around at least till this here thread died?

Shutting these guys up works about as well as it did with the moderating cat. But you’re going to be here a long time (with the rest of these pussies). Of course I am referring to their inspiring drive and determination.

I want to send this thread get-well flowers. But I can’t find its address.

Here it is …
https://boards.straightdope.com/t/being-the-last-poster-of-a-thread-and-then-it-dies/817751

Everybody out of the pool!

sigh. That’s all. Just… sigh.

Psst! Is it dead, yet?

D’OH!!

Thread: “I’m not dead yet!”