Bell ringing MMP

**sari **- do you have a sink in your basement? We have our dehumidifier mounted so just above the sink level and the hose drains into it. Easier than drilling thru the basement wall… :wink:

Dry throat and sniffles today - ugh! I don’t have time to get sick, dammit!

We have a sink, the old dehumidifier drained into it.

However, the sink and plumbing is very very old. The plumbing is rusted and the sink drains very very slowly.
The plumber told me it probably won’t handle the water from the dehumidifier.
That is why I was a bit surprised when the sewage was coming back up the drain, after all, if water can’t go down, how can sewage come up?

The sun just came out, and there is a nice breeze outside.

I’ve done a booboo.

I pointed out to one of my multiple bosses that a bunch of codes from The Old Blue Database and The New Blue Database are different and as far as I can tell unmatchable, asked if we are supposed to create new ones if needed (part of the problem is that every Moe, Larry and Curly has created new codes; we have a ton, and sometimes we have multiple codes which do exactly the same). He said no, we’re supposed to use only existing codes and to send him the lists if I needed help.

So I did.

I feel so evil. Anybody got a long-haired cat I could be petting?

Well, that was fun- my bees were not in the mood to have me around, and the wind was blowing the smoke and my veil everywhere, so I scarpered as soon as I could. Only got a couple of stings, but they would Not Give Up and followed me all the way up the lane, and (and I do feel really bad about this) stung the landowner’s friendly donkey, who’d come over to see what was going on. The main thing I had to do was give them the final dose of a mite killer, which has to be put on with the right timing or you need to restart the whole thing again, and I did manage to get that on at least.

I think the poor donkey only got one or two stings on its side, nothing more than a nasty surprise, but still, not nice :frowning:

I did manage to get the plants in, and revision is happening, if in a somewhat unfocused manner. I should be practising essay questions, 'cos I know that’s a weak point, but I’m too easily distracted.

Iffn one pours liquid in one end when too much is comin’ out the other end; does one shove the bottle up the other end to cure when too much is comin’ out the first end?

You’re not cleanin’ your terlets for two more years? :eek:

Are you petting a kitty in your lap whilst you cackle maniacally?

Well, Nut, glad you weren’t an ass about the donkey…and glad the bees are mite-free and fiesty.

Nava, sometimes bosses get what they want…and sometimes bosses get what they deserve…

Butters, a month for a car appointment? Is that usual down in the Keys?

Sari, it sounds like Sah-son is pretty smart; he’s going to have to get over that shyness and start living life sooner or later (unsolicited geezer advice).

Double Nickle here (55F) going to 72F. House is a bit chilly, but I’m trying not to turn on the heat because reasons… Need to forage for food and drink here in a bit. All y’all take care.

**FCD **was rejected - he said they were obviously rejecting men over 40 from the jury. So he’s on his way home. I just finished lunch. Back to work for me!!

Back at irk from car servicing. They had two different mechanics drive it and no funny noise. New wipers and cabin filter plus the usual and car is pronounced safe. I found out we have a manager’s meeting at 1330 so that will be my afternoon. Having a sammich now.

Boss man sent me back a copy of my leave request and who knew I actually requested 8 days not 7 so I shall take the extra day. That means once I leave that stupid meeting today I don’t have to irk until Firday week. Looking forward to not doing much of anything. I have books to read and movies to watch. There is always closets to clean out/organize if I get too bored.

Yes, it takes a while to get an appointment but a month is not usual. I’m just glad it is done, is safe and didn’t cost an arm and a leg.

Butters, wanna bet your Husband-unit still hears the mysterious noise?

Lunch has been lunched upon and nappage may ensue shortly.

Mooooomm, for reasons unknown I have never been called for jury duty–surprised he was rejected, you’d think they’d want old geezers with time on their hands instead of youngn’s…but what do I know.

**MetalMouse **- best guess is the lawyers were trying to pack the jury with their preferred demographic. Who knows…

Just 'cause it’s there!

Oh Og, that sounds familiar. I’m so glad I’m retired.

They’re planning on a really long trial?

My dental appointment this morning was cancelled. Doc’s feeling poorly. they’re trying to move things around to get me in sometime soon. I had a follow up appointment scheduled for 2 weeks from today, so that may be it, and then they’ll have to schedule another follow up. :stuck_out_tongue:
Made an appointment with the dog groomer. 5 weeks out! The earliest they could get the boys in.
Not scoring really well this morning.

Need to call Frontier Communications and get rid of this satellite dish and go back to cable TV. Not looking forward to that. No matter what kind of deal I get from them, it’ll be wrong. :dubious:

Spidey ?

Finally got through to mdcaps and was told I can disregard to letter because they send one to everybody. Why they send one to everybody? It’s the state.
On a good note though, he didn’t get money for fall of 2018 because they said we declined it. I know we didn’t, but there was a mix up because of him changing schools. The nice lady I talked to is going to try to get us that money. It would be nice, since he really needs to take one or two summer classes.

Howdy Y’all! I laundered and even ahrned. I have not left da cave all day as well. YAY! However, tomorrow I must be about the public. Sup has been supped. Went with peas 'n carrots, cheesey rice, and rolls as side matter. 'Twas good.

Spidey any particular reason you have cause to believe my re-uppin’ my Dope membership for two years will prevent me from cleanin’ terlets for the next two years? Did I miss sump’n in the membership agreement fine print? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mooooom, like metal mouse, I’ve never been called for jury duty. I’m thinking moving on a frequent basis for a few years shook me out of a few pools.

bumba, the hassle of setting up appointments for grooming makes me glad that Nelson doesn’t really need much in that department. I take him in for a nail clip when the back nails get too long (I can do his front nails) and once or twice a year, I’ll take him for a spa day because they do a much better job cleaning his ears than I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a lot of my own irk done today since one cow-orker was back. He went home early though, allergies were getting him bad. I have a feeling that the old bat is dragging her feet with her irk so’s that the other colleague and I have to finish up her areas.

Y’all not being called for jury duty haven’t missed much. Have been called dozens of times. Here the county/ state and also Feds usually get me every year or it seems like. It’s majorly boring. I have only sat on a jury once many years ago. I did request and receive a postponement and sure enough the next month they got me again. Pain in the ass.

Leftover roast of beef with taters, carrots, onions and celery in a beefy gravy was supper. The maid comes tomorrow so I shall arise at the usual time in order to do my pre-maid spiffing. Then when she leaves glorious solitude I hope.

Yes. **MetalMouse ** he will still hear it. Maybe he’ll buy me a new car. He said he doesn’t believe them already. SMH. Believe me they would have found and fixed something if they could as is the nature of the business.

I’ve made an executive decision: I’m going to put this !@#$ing fancy schmancy printer I bought a year and a half ago on CL and buy one that doesn’t take a degree from MIT to operate. A year and a freakin’ half and I’ve been able to scan approximately three times. I can copy and print, but wide format scanning was what I bought the damned thing for. I might as well buy one that I can at least save my scans ( I work with a lot of pictures) and resize them. !@#$ing thing.

I hate those print/scan/copy/make Julianne fries (whatever those are) printers.
They have difficulty competing against cheap printers, and cut quality down to save costs. My MIL’s printer actually spit out tiny gears with a print out. I like the HP 2600 printer. A color laser and reliable. They probably aren’t made any more.

They are long gone, but you can still get the toner cartridges, abeit at a 400% markup, to make you get the latest model.:smiley:

I’ve got a Brother B/W laser printer, since I don’t need to print out color pictures and do need to print a lot of stuff (soccer related mostly). Works fine for basic scans, probably not for what you need, Red.

Soccer practice today was a practice scrimmage, we did ok, but I goofed and didn’t send the e-mail note about the change to one of the kid’s, so I am bummed about that. Mac-n-Cheese consumed so the night is about complete. Lawn mowing is planned for tomorrow morning.

Bumba, 5 weeks for a dog groomer appointment. I mean, I know it’s Arkansas and all, but some civilization must exist there…:cool::stuck_out_tongue:

Sari, hope the direct action gets you some money. Sounds like you got a rational person to help you (not always guaranteed…)