Ben Affleck as "Daredevil"

Ben Affleck as Daredevil.

His head looks kind of big. What do you think?

I think they won’t let him march in the St. Patrick’s Day parade.

Damn. I’ve been trying for a couple of hours to find some really polite way of saying how gay that outfit looks, and Bryan knocks it over the fence.

Don’t you just hate it when people who don’t know the HTML standards design a webpage, so that only non-compliant browsers are able to, say, show an image? And don’t you hate it even more when you can’t even try to “view image” to fix it, because that takes you directly to 404.html?

And the outfit looks gay in what way, pray tell?

In this way, since you asked.

Spare me. That wasn’t even slightly analogous.

sigh

Now… why in Hades is it supposed to look gay? Define further what looking gay entails.

I think it looks like a very decent representation of his comic book costume.

Okay, there’s something about a leather costume with molded muscles (not to mention the bright red) that just screams “flaming” to me. Now that I think about it, though, John Wesley Shipp’s “Flash” costume in the 1990 TV series was also red, but it didn’t strike me as gay (though I’ve heard Shipp is in real life). I think the key difference is that Shipp’s costume wasn’t shiny.

Leathery, shiny and red… oh my!

It looks like something you’d see some leather man wearing at a Pride or Gay Mardi Gras parade.

Marc

I guess the nice comments can go in the other thread about it.

Mmm-hhhmn.

:rolleyes:

I’ll pass next time on your sartorial advice.

For heaven’s sake, Hastur, how is this so different from your declaring Fred Flintstone to be the gayest cartoon character ever? Is it at all possible that you’re taking this a little too seriously?

I mean, it’s not like Bryan or I or anyone else is going to deny Daredevil a job because he “looks gay.”

I submit to you that any superhero costume that doesn’t have nipples is a good one.

Silentgoldfish, I would agree with that insofar as we are talking male superheros only. :smiley:

Hopefully the movie doesn’t entail him whipping Kingpin with a cat-o-nine tails!!!
(at least the costume isn’t pink!!!)

His head looks normally sized to me. Have you been reading too many superhero comics with the characters drawn pinheaded to make their muscles look bigger? Why does anyone think that works?

Damn straight, Knead. I’d only deny him a job if he was Jewish.

I kid, I kid. Oy!

:wally

I was kidding about Fred Flinstone, though I’m still not sure about Barney.

:smiley:

I just find the remark about his costume being gay to be inspid.

Perhaps it’s the extremely large dildo-shaped item on his right leg that makes it seem a tad gay?