Best Burger Chain In The USA?

In-N-Out.

I tried Fatburger recently, and it was ok. Better than most burger places, but not better than In-N-Out. The thing that got me was how expensive it was. I got a single burger, fries, and a shake, and it was over $9. A similar order at In-N-Out with a double double, fries, and a shake, is less than $6.

The best burgers used to come from EarthQuakes. They also had the best onion rings. Unfortunately, they’re not a chain and had to close down when the land was bought for a strip mall. They still have a stand out at the Puyallup fair, but somehow, they’ve changed and the burgers aren’t the same.

As far as chains go, it has to be Red Robin. At least for the burgers.

I’d have to say Kirk’s Steak Burgers. Of course it’s just a chain of 3 in the Bay Area. But they are mighty tasty

What-A-Burgers exist across the south from Georgia to Arizona and I prefer to Fuddrucker, Jack, etc. They have special burgers every so often like jalapeno and A-1 burgers but their double w/ cheese is pretty hard to beat.

That is the most intriguing and also mystifying description I’ve ever read.

5 Guys makes a good hamburger, but I fail to see why doing so should take 15 minutes when I’m the only person in the place.

FatBurger!!!

:smiley:

Mmm . . . Kirk’s. I shouldn’t be looking at threads like this before lunch.

For you current and former residents of Los Angeles, truly the hamburger capitol of the country–nay, the world–I submit: Tommy’s. I don’t quite comprehend why there are so many restaurants in LA with variations of that name, like Tomy’s, Big Tommy’s, Original Tommy’s, Tomi’s, etc., but the location in Westwood–really just a hexagonal orange hut–served up beef manna from heaven for a drunk student staggering home from the bars at 2am.

Most of these chains, I don’t have.

I do have Hardee’s (AKA Carls, Jr); Burger King, Wendy’s; McDonald’s.

Hardee’s has the best burger. Their thickburgers are awesome beyond words. I just can’t eat their every day, though, because I’d die. They’re probably my second favorite place of the four, and they do have lovely curly fries.

Wendy’s is probably the second best burger, and my favorite place of the four. Good burgers, good fries, great chicken nuggets, and Frostys!

McDonald’s burgers will always have a special place in my heart, bland as they are. I honestly don’t care for their fries, and only buy them if there’s a Monopoly promotion on.

Burger King I like least, because while the first half of the burger is okay, the second half always tastes like licking a grill. Again, don’t care for their fries.

Maybe, but you still have Tommy’s (I miss Tommy’s) and Hamburger Hamlet :smiley: .

Thank you!

:smiley:

Another Seattleite who’s fond of Dick’s burgers, though they’re not amazing. They’re a good, simple, McDonald’s-style burger, but better. The best burger in town comes from a two-store chain, Red Mill Burgers. And Kidd Valley isn’t bad. I never much cared for Burgermaster, though.

The best chain in the region is **Burgerville[/b[ (warning: Flash-happy site), which uses local beef and cheese in their burgers. Unfortunately, the closest franchise is in Centralia, which is a couple of hours away. We almost always stop if we’re going to Portland, though – the Pepper Bacon Tillamook Cheeseburger is excellent.

And they’ve got great milkshakes. They bring all the boys to the yard. Damn right.

Burgerville! That was the name of the place I was trying to remember. My girlfriend last year raved about that place from her days living in Portland. I was out there last summer doing the Seattle-to-Portland bike ride, and after riding all day I passed the Burgerville in Centralia. I had a spaghetti dinner waiting for me about a mile away, so I didn’t stop. But this may be my favorite burger place just based on the smell alone. And unless you’ve done it, you don’t know how hungry you can be after riding a bicycle 100 miles.

The walls at Bartley’s are absolutely covered with anarcho-political stuff; including, but not limited to, the following:

A “this is your brain on drugs, this is your brain with a side of bacon, etc.” poster,
A magazine ad from the 50’s for Chesterfield cigarettes, with Ronald Reagan,
Postcards with Bill and Hillary Clinton in leather bondage gear (probably a photoshop job, but I wouldn’t swear to it).

I couldn’t think of a better way to describe it.

OK, where’s the love for Tommy’s, the greatest greasiest heart attack inducing bit of ambrosia on the planet. I pretty much consider In 'n Out and Tommy’s to be different products (hamburger versus chiliburger) and I think they are both at the top of their respective game. Fatburger ain’t bad, but I never get the jonzing for them that I do for Tommy’s. I was once wandering around LA trying to figure out where the Tommy’s was and pulled over and asked a stranger, who promptly pulled out a business card with all the locations listed on it!

Pssst. Look four posts up.

Crap, guess I can’t read. Glad you agree with me though.

My favorite inexpensive fast-food burger would be Checkers.

Is Five Guys fast food or table service? I’ve never been to one; I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen one.

I’ll second What-a-burger and Sonic, and suggest Steak n’ Shake and Backyard Burger.

My last trip to an In-N-Out was really disappointing. The burger was cold. Sorry, but a chain that serves me a cold burger isn’t getting many points.

White Castle’s burgers are terribly addictive, so I’ll go with them for my U.S. pick. In Canada, it’s definitely Harvey’s.

In-N-Out. Everyone knows, it’s what a hamburger is all about.

I did once, about five years ago. Gave a handful of change to the cutest homeless woman I’ve ever seen out front. Food was fine, IIRC.