Best Email

Can someone recommend a GREAT email service other than hotmail and yahoo?

Naturally I want it to be reliable, have some space to save emails and such
The reason im asking, is because im trying to get an email with 'mith@…com"
and all the current or main services already have that email taken
any suggestions?

If you’re willing to spend a few $/year, I can recommend Mailsnare. I’ve been using them about two years. They have been very reliable and provide excellent support.

It seems clear that the OP is looking for a free e-mail client. I recommend Mail.com, they have many domains (the @____.com) bit to choose from, so you’re likely to find one unregistered.

oh yeh thats the other thing I wished to post…it would have to be Free :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought as much. :wink: If you’d like some dork cred, find an invite code for Gmail and sign up. It’s a great service, and will likely be available without the hassle of being invite-only in the near future.

I would love to get Gmail…find some what? how?

To join, a Gmail member has to e-mail you an invite. We get invites sporadically-- I myself haven’t gotten one in awhile. I’m not sure if Google is still giving them to its members regularly. If you look around on messageboards, I’m sure you’ll find someone with an invite to spare.

Thanks.

Moved to IMHO.

-xash
General Questions Moderator

Thing about Google Mail is that the username cannot be less than 6 characters.

Just out of curiosity, what’s wrong with yahoo mail?

I’ve been using it for years, and I’ve had no trouble with it.

I’ve had an account for over a month and have yet to get an invite.

The GMAIL invites seems to have dried up. I bet Google is at capacity, and are adding servers.

Try Rediffmail. It too offers 1 GB mail space free and 10 MB mail attachments. The only probelm is the pop-ups. And the spam.

I have gone through my own ISP, MSN, Yahoo, Mailblocks and most recently Gmail. Mailblocks is a decent service but I found it to be quite slow. Gmail is interesting but despite the 1 gig of storage it feels too constrained.

So now I am using Fastmail (fastmail.fm) and I love it. It is the power user’s email system. Email is pretty important to me so I am willing to pay for flexibility and features. Rather than list all of the features I recommend you check out their website. The service lives up to it’s name- the web interface is extremely fast.

yeh i dont have a prob with yahoo, its just that im trying to get a certain name with it and its already taken :frowning:

I don’t use it anymore because I have Cox now, but I loved OperaMail