Best Ever Animation???

From a technical standpoint, Disney has always been at the cutting edge of animation. Considering that their stories were often no better (or worse) than other studios this is probably one of the main reasons for their success (along with great salesmanship).

I forgot one… Squaresoft has an incredible CGI department, to the extent that they are going to producing a full length movie in all CGI… impressive considering that they’re a video game company.

http://www.madpoet.com
Computers have let mankind make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.

“Duck Amuck”, directed by Chuck Jones. A perfect 7 seconds of insanity, hilarity, and just plain fun. Daffy’s performance rivals that of most human actors.

That would be the Brothers Quay, truly mindbending stuff.

“My hovercraft is full of eels.”

Ah, Liquid Television. One of the few worthwhile non-music shows on MTV. Introduced us to some really cool animation and memorable characters such as Aeon Flux and Beavis and Butthead. I also remember “The Race” short. I had taped that episode of L.T. played that clip for friends that hadn’t seen it before. Wish I still had a copy of it.

And, yes, the Brothers Quay do the animation for the Tool videos. Unsettling and beautiful, all at once. I remember watching a block of their animated shorts during a night of animated features at one of our local bars. Really interesting stuff…

Akira all the way. The Maxx was great too.
But for physical (clay, etc.) animation I’d have to go with the Tool videos. They’re unlike anything else I’ve seen.

another Toolesque video is by an up and coming band called Chevelle. The video is for the song Mia, and is very very interesting. You might want to check it out here. I just saw them in concert and tonight along with Dope and Sevendust, and I just know that they are gonna be huge someday.

“People must think it must be fun to be a super genuis,
But they don’t realize how hard it is
to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
– Calvin and Hobbes
(__)
/

[delurk]Just a note. Chevelle kicks ass. Also, there’s a newsgroup for liquid television (alt.tv.liquid-tv), and i asked about “The Race”, or whatever the short was called. No replies yet. However, due to the fact that liquid television has been off the air for years, not many people read that newsgroup, so don’t hold your breath.[/delurk]

Fippo-

Uh-Oh! The truck have started to move!

For film animation , look to Japan, not Disney.

For TV animation–there was a breifly run Fox animated program a couple of years ago “Calamity Jane” that gets my vote. Where can I get the series on video?

Save The Endangered Jackalope! Send Cash Now! If You Do This, I Will Use The Cash To Save Any Jackalope That I Happen To Find! Send Cash Now! Before It’s Too Late! My Bills, I Mean The Jackalope’s Bills Are Due The 15th Of The Month!
This has been a message from the Illuminated Committee To Save The Jackalope. Fnord.

I still and also vote for Fantasia.
Puts any preschooler out like a light- better than IV valium.
And you can play it to any music you like.

“What’s Opera Doc?”

My greatest role…And they gave the Oscar to the idiot with the pencil!?!

Elmer J. Fudd,
Millionaire.
I own a mansion and a yacht.

Disney’s Tarzan.

Glen Keane is awesome.

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

My favorite was a short called Oriental Nightfish by Linda McCartney. It was shown in the L.A. area with The Lord Of The Rings, and was the only reason the theatre wasn’t torn to shreads when the movie stopped in the middle of the second book.

in my opinion Daria on MTV is wicked awsome. it’s the best!!!

Whatever!!! Just don’t screw up my life with your wicked stupid ideas!