How original, I know. But it bears discussion.
My top 10 (in alphabetical order, not preferential):
1)American Beauty (the antidote to all those teen-orgy films)
2) Boogie Nights
4) Fight Club
5) Saving Private Ryan (best anti-war message I’ve seen)
6) Silence of the Lambs
7) Titanic (whether you like it or not)
8) Toy Story (the first all-CGI movie)
9) Trainspotting (incredible to think how little this film cost)
10) Welcome to the Dollhouse (I’ve waited all my life for someone to tell this story)
I would also give Deep Impact and ID4 honorable mentions. I know they had their detractors, but they both illustrate how paranoid the 90s were/are.
Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.