Best Nachos Recipe

As in “I need one”

My nachos suck.

Or a Mexican dip. I once dated a girl who made some with cream cheese which was simple and delish.

Please help me with my creamy crunchy craving!

Macho Nachos

1 (8-ounce) bag tortilla chips (about 6 cups, plus more for serving)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground round (85% lean)
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
1 cup shredded Monterry Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
1 94-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
3/4 cup salsa, purchased or homemade
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (2 1/2-ounce) can sliced ripe olives
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

1. Mound 6 cups of tortilla chips in a large, shallow oven-proof serving dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground round and cook, stirring to break up lumps of meat, until nicely browned and just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Pour off fat and stir in taco seasoning. Mix until well blended.

3. In a medium bowl, conbine refried beans, Montery Jack Cheese, and chiles. Stir until well blended. Spoon bean mixture over chips and top with meat and Cheddar cheese.

4. Bake until cheeses melt and beans are heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and quickly drizzle salsa over top. Dollop with sour cream and sprinkle on sliced olives, scallions, and cillantro. Serve warm with additional tortilla chips for dipping.

Mexican Cheese Dip

bag of corn chips
8 ounce block of cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese)
1 can of chilli
4 ounces of shredded Cheddar cheese

Mash cream cheese and spread it out on a plate. Pour can of chilli over the top. Sprinkle with shredded Cheddar. Microwave until melted. Serve with corn chips.