Best Restaurant That Advertises Extensively

All of mine here also. As much as I enjoy their burgers and fries (and peanuts!), I stay away because of the jarring noise. Hurts my head.

Yeah, I hate that, I will walk out.

Five Guys is pretty good, IMO: I like big thick burgers, and they’re the only fast food burger I’ve had that qualifies. But ywtf is on point with Bojangles: their chicken sandwich is delicious. I’m not sure it beats Popeyes (which I’ve only had once), but it’s very good.

If you go to Red Lobster only for the biscuits, here’s a modest suggestion:

These are really easy to make–like 10 minutes of actual work-time–and for my money satisfy the Cheddar Bay Biscuit craving and then some. The only problem with them is that my daughter, left unattended, will eat half the batch before anyone else gets any.

I have made fantastic variants of both and can absolutely guarantee that fried chicken is much harder to prepare and cook.

If I can just count breakfast then the best heavily advertised restaurant is IHOP.

I find their burgers to be marginally superior to Wendy’s but substantially more expensive. Around here, it’s like $14 for a burger and fries from 5 Guys. And their bacon always tastes burnt.

My daughter is a big LOTR fan and we appreciated Denny’s movie tie-ins to the Hobbit film series, going often and eventually scoring all the promotional materials when the restaurant was done with them.

Thanks for this. It looks better than the knockoff recipe I sometimes use.

Hope you like 'em! It’s just the Joy of Cooking recipe with additions. I don’t personally care for the “dunked in melted butter” schtick that Red Lobster has, but if you like that, you can brush em with butter once they come out.

About how old is your biscuit thief? Somewhere along the way adorable turns to cute turns to overworked turns to “make your own damn biscuits!” :wink:

She’s 11 and is practically a baking prodigy, although she specializes in cakes. Baking is therapeutic for me, so I don’t really mind her snarfing down half the batch. Just means I get to do more baking.

This would’ve been my vote. I think Chili’s food is generally enjoyable, there are certainly some things I’ve enjoyed more than other things but I don’t think I’ve ever had a downright bad meal there.

I also think Outback and Red Robin fit, though I haven’t eaten Red Robin since COVID (if I’m door dashing, there’s local places I like better, and if I’m picking up steak n shake or cookout are a better fit). And agree that Chili’s used to be one, but has dropped off in quality a while back (but may have recovered. IHOP is a good one for breakfast food.

If we’re including fast food, Popeye’s and Bojangles both do great fried chicken and advertise extensively. Smithfield’s Chicken And BBQ is decent and one of the only BBQ places that advertises non-locally.

I did have an experience with that: Bunch of us go out to dinner at Outback before a party. One guy orders a porterhouse steak rare. Food arrives, most is good but his is overcooked, on the high end of medium. He was just going to eat it and move on, but the manager really liked us and hung out at our table and talked, and when he mentioned it was too done she said it was no problem to replace it. So they bring out his new steak, and it’s medium-well. She comes out to check on us, and when she finds out gets a look that says the cook is not going to have a good night. She then personally cooks a third steak to rare herself and brings it out, so he finally gets to eat after we’re all done. As we’re leaving, he was commenting that he was surprised they still charged him for it, but whatever. The manager comes out to us talking in the parking lot and apologizes for it not being taken off, and gives him a gift card for twice what it cost to make up for it. So they did screw up the doneness, multiple times even, but also took fixing it seriously even if the staff kept making mistakes.