Best Star Wars character name yet

On IMDB for Episode II, there is a new character called Elan Sleazebaggano.

Just thought I’d share.

Played by the kid who played ‘Mouse’ in The Matrix.

Why oh why does Lucas let his kids make decisions about his movie?:rolleyes:

He was in australian soap Home And Away for many years. Played geek-boy Damian, later to grow dreads and become a new age preacher. Mum- Irene. Sister- Finlay.

The crazy land of australian soaps :slight_smile:

I heard it was Elian Sleazebaggano. Sounds like Lucas didn’t really like the Gonzales case that much.

Hey, one of the coolest parts about writing sci-fi/fantasy is the really cool, funky names you can give to people, places, and things. I once used the name “Turplic Venneralis”.

So lay off the guy. You expect every name in the SW galaxy to be cool, catchy names that roll right off the tongue?

Hey, if you bought the name “Han Solo” you have no basis to complain about “Elan Sleazebaggano.”

Sleazebaggano is just too damn literal. Han Solo, ok he was a loner (except for his Wookiee) but the name sounded legit, if not a little Scandanavian. Same for Darth Vader (supposedly “Dark Father”) But c’mon! Please don’t defend Sleazebaggano. It’s like calling a princess Royaltina, or the emperial plumber Pipes Leakydrain.
I reeeeeeeeeeally want to like this movie and the previews are kicking some serious boo-tay, but then again so did the trailers for Phantom Menace and that turned out to be half-Looney Tunes without all the humor.

Someone with a script may contradict me, but I’d guess it’s a character whose name isn’t mentioned on film. I’ve seen movies do that before, where a character’s name isn’t mentioned until the credits.

This reminds me of a comedy bit I heard a while back, but I cannot remember the comedian:

“Peter O’Toole…what’s up with that name? Who’s next? His co-star Muff O’Clit?”

A couple things:

First, don’t forget the guy Han Solo shoots (FIRST, I MIGHT ADD - HAN SHOOTS HIM FIRST): Greedo.

Second, Yes the name was originally “Elian” but pronounced (so I read) “Ay-lie-an”. As in “A lyin’”

I’m betting this is a character whose name doesn’t get mentioned onscreen. There are many of those. I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

Y’know, there’s a pretty good chance that this character’s last name (or either of his names) isn’t even muttered in the movie. Lucas tends to give them plausible names if we ever hear them, but silly names if we have to wait for the action figure to find out who they are.

We may never find out how “Sleazebaggano” is pronounced.

Great minds think alike, Legomancer

Popular opinion amongst the fans was that it was Elan “Sleaze” Baggano as a kind of nickname.

I cannot currently prove if we were right, though.

When is the Pipes Leakydrain action figure coming out?

Don’t mind me, for some reason, I think that name is really, really funny, I’m just glad my office door closes!

“What’s your name?”
“Leakydrain, Pipes Leakydrain, empirial plumber.”

<taking a deep breath, wiping a tear from my eye, back to work>

Oh, for you sci-fi nuts…the actual names of Jabba’s skiff guards in Return of the Jedi are…

…no, I’m not kidding…

Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto.

I betcha “Elian Sleazebaggano” is pronounced “A lyin’ sleazebag I know”.

I bet it’s pronounced Ee-lee-an Slee-ay (as in hay)-zz-bog-ay-nuu

:smiley: