I couldn’t get all of the details in the subject, so here’s the idea: let’s say you have extra money and want to distribute it to people (probably family members), but:
- You don’t want anyone to know it is you giving it to them.
- You want to greatly discourage them from trying to find out who is giving it to them.
- You expect to give money every year to them (for the foreseeable future).
- the donor is a terrible liar and if one of the receivers asked directly, the donor wouldn’t be able to successfully lie his way out of it.
- You have to give it to them in a way that doesn’t sound like a scam. Sending them an email saying “An anonymous donor has given you $1000 on PayPal.” wouldn’t get past their bullsh*t filter and would simply be ignored.
So you can’t just write them a check every year. They’ll know the money came from you.
How would you do it? (I’ve got a couple of ideas, but I don’t want to prejudice your response.)