Biblical Message in ALIEN?

The moon which introduces Humanity to Facehuggers and Chestbusters is identified as LV-426.

In the King James Version Bible it is written,

“And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and he will be forgiven.” (Leviticus, 4:26)

Ridley Scott and James Cameron telling us something?

Um. Seems like reaching, to me. You can read many things into any work of literature. That doesn’t mean the author intended it.

Seems to me the religious message in Alien consisted of: “Oh my fucking God, what the hell is THAT?!?!”

Have you accepted Jesus into your heart? Because He needs to gestate in a chest cavity. He has a complicated life cycle and, despite being free-living for most of it, is really an obligate parasite.

More seriously: There was a lot of sacrificing in the movie, but no atonement or forgiveness. The interpretation is a real reach.

Writer (and occasional actor) Dan O’Bannon said that the genesis for the story was partially based on the idea of male fear of oral rape.

So, there’s that…

If you were to pick, say, a hundred verses at random out of the Bible, I’d guess that at least, oh, twenty or so would have a more meaningful “message”. Why would they put in a coded reference to THIS, of all things?