Billy Joel smashes his car into house

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/26/joel.ap/index.html

This is Joel’s third accident in two years. I’m beginning to wonder about his driving skills.

Pretty much says it all.

I’m more worried about his drinking skills.

No evidence that alcohol or drugs played a factor here, though.

Why’s that? Running into a house is a pretty good indication that you know how to drink just fine.

I’m more worried about the car he was driving. I mean, has he re-hired his brother-in-law?

IIRC, he was in rehab for a while last year or the year before, not because he had a drinking problem (sic), but because he, you know, had a lot going on and needed to get his head straight.

Sigh.

Now I’m going to have to go search this. Damn. And I was really hoping to finish cleaning the mudroom today.

Well,here’s an article from when he checked out of rehab after 10 days. No significant (i.e., permanent) progress is going to be made in confronting or dealing with an addiction problem in 10 days – 28 is the usual length of stay. No, I’m not saying recovery has to begin in a rehab center – I’m just saying it is highly unlikely to begin there if the person checks out a third of the way into the treatment. So he admits he has a problem, but doesn’t seem to be doing anything about it.

twicks, clean and sober for 18 years, 4 months, and 4 days

I was hoping it would be a Cadillac-yak-yak-yak…