Bite me HARD, Toyota! I'm going to the FTC! LYING FUCKS!

I’m quite the Toyota lover myself. My last one, I’m quite certain, would have run forever if it hadn’t been hit by an SUV at a stoplight. (I don’t think she could see me over her dang hood). Anyhow, since I’ve never bought a new car maybe this idea is whacked, but…could you buy the lower end Matrix and then have the airbags installed later (like as soon as you get it in?). If it’s possible, I imagine it would cost more than the unit cost of getting them when ordered…but maybe it would be less than the whole package.

If I’ve learned anything, it’s that you shouldn’t set your heart on one particular model. SHOP AROUND. Drive EVERYTHING in he class. You’ll probably find something else just as good.

I was going to buy a Civic because of its reputation. Thank God I shopped around; I drove about five cars I liked better, to my complete surprise. If I’d just bought a Civic I would have been less happy with my car than I could have been.

The Pontiac Vibe is available with side impact air bags in all option levels–it’s a free flow option with an MSRP of $300.00.

It cracks me up when people go off on a certain vehicle without being aware that it’s the same thing as something else they like a lot…

She stated that she knew- she just didn’t like the Vibe’s design. Or the fact that (the horror) it was a Pontiac. She also stated she was going to look around. See below for details:

Subaru Stoid Subaru.

-me

if i needed a ninth car, i’d buy a subaru wrx!

a. The Pontiac dealers I’ve talked to tell me it’s the same sitch with Pontiac as it is with Toyota. Toyota also says it’s an “option” for $300. That would be the lie.

b. I’m aware of the Vibe and that they are fundamentally the same car. However, the Vibe is a Pontiac, and that nameplate alone reduces the long term value. And since it doesn’t give me the side airbags, well…

Regarding Subaru, it’s outside my budget. :frowning: