Black Dynamite

I searched and didn’t find a thread. Some friends and I watched this movie last night and thought it was hilarious. Has anyone else seen it?

Saw it and loved it. Absolutely note perfect spoof. I really wish it had done better in theatres.

I loved it too. “But, Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community!”

“My mama says my daddy’s name was Black Dynamite.”
“My mama said that too!”
“Aw, now hush up little girls. A lot of cats around with that name…”

And I did not see the final showdown coming, which made it all the more delightful.

No, but I’ve seen the trailer on several DVDs lately. The trailer is pretty hilarious.

A friend of mine introduced me to it. It is awesome. Most blaxploitation spoofs leave a lot to be desired, but this was perfect. I was dying the whole time. Who knew Michael Jai White had such a sense of humor? And part of what makes it work is that he is an action movie badass (Spawn, one of the crappy Universal Soldier sequels) so the ass kicking scenes work.

I’m hoping that this becomes like Office Space, a movie which was barely released in theaters, but went on to get a giant following on VHS/DVD. It has moved into my top five comedy list.

My wife loved it. Every now and then she’ll turn to me and sing “Dyn-a-mite, Dyn-a-mite!” I lasted about 10 minutes before I had to find something else to do.

Saw it this weekend and loved it.

“Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!”

What about the smile?
I am smiling.

I saw it in the theater and thought it was hilarious!

I agree, but I didn’t think of it as a spoof so much as a homage (or an homage, depending on how you pronounce homage). Or maybe kind of a hybrid. A spomage. Or, something.

I hope so.

anaconda malt likka gives you WHOOO!!

I saw the trailer on a DVD rental and thought it was… weird (why the hell are they advertising some 70s flick?!). Then I realized what it was and was impressed that it was able to capture that image.

Flash forward many months and I hear Michael Jai White on the Adam Carolla podcast talking about this movie.

Did you ever get a recollection of something you just had to see, while on a highway, driving 70? My mind flashed back to that trailer and I just had to watch it.

So, no longer having a Blockbuster around, I rented it on iTunes last night.

What a great, fun and funny movie. I regret seeing it alone; I think it’d be a blast to see with friends.

It’s fun to watch with a group. Even my friends who didn’t want to see it at first laughed when we were watching it.

Saw it, liked it, loved it when

the shooter at the donut shop really did forget to put the parking brake on the car

but it dragged something horribly in the second half with the whole

go to Asia then DC thing.

They should have tightened it up and kept the storyline simpler. From the deleted scenes it looked like the dumped a whole storyline, and I wonder if that’s why it doesn’t flow well.

Loved it. Anything with a

Kung-fu Nixon is not to be missed.

“Chicken and waffles?! That’s it!”