"Blacks hate the cold..."

These Eskimo-Supremacists are really getting out of hand.

“Ha ha! Those poor stupid black people can just stay down there in the Mediterranean, and the Carribbean, and all those tropical islands where it’s sunny and warm all the time! We’ll stay up here in the frozen north where it’s dark and gloomy and hard to grow food! Those stupid idiots! WE’RE SO MUCH SMARTER THAN THEM!!!”

You may be making fun of this reasoning, but don’t Eskimos have physiological adaptations that help them stand the cold better than other humans? (are these adaptations inherited or developed in each person after they are born? if the former, then it’s genetic)

And isn’t blacks’ hair ideally suited to cool the head in a hot environment? (lets the sweat on your scalp evaporate to help cool it down)

So, there is a “genetic memory” of sorts.

Let me know if any of the above examples is wrong.

Here is a study from the Journal of Medical Genetics that shows the levels of pain felt from touching cold surfaces varies according to certain genes, that these levels are heritable, and that these genes vary according to race.
Hereis a study from the Journal of the American Pain society that says sensitivity to temperature varies by age, sex, and race.

So there appears to be good evidence that sensitivity to temperatures can vary by race.

Related: Allen’s rule

“My people, in general, tolerate cold better than your people.”

Um, okay? Good for you? Why in the world would anyone feel impelled to brag about that (as the OP’s quote seems to do)?

This is who I came in to mention.

Because those were hard times, brother, that we’ve all tried really hard to forget.

Hey, wait… you’re not white. Why am I talking to you?

The reason behind the statement should be taken in the context of someone desiring self-segregation. White supremacists don’t like seeing “others” around them, so given a choice, they’d live in the “whiter” places that are sparsely populated, generally rural, have a low level of commercial and industrial activity, and yes where it gets really cold. From their own observations, black people don’t go out much when it’s freezing. Therefore, the things they find objectionable, like blacks gathering at street corners or parks or basketball courts or shopping areas, are kept at a minimum --at least until it gets warmer.

It’s been a long while, but yes I have heard that very thing - that the harshness of the temperate/taiga/arctic environment forces people to be more inventive and smarter and a bunch of Calvinistic virtues like hard work and long hours and therefore makes them (usually white or Europeans or Aryans or whatever) superior to darker southerners. It also nicely explains why the Inuit/Eskimo types of Greenland outlasted Scandinavians attempting to settle Greenland - they’re also from a harsh environment and therefore support the theory.

Frankly, I think it’s bunk. Plenty of tropical civilizations like Ancient Egypt were full of industry, science, math, etc. Plenty of harsh environments like the Kalahari or Australian Outback or Arctic North America never got out of the Stone Age until the great European expansion starting in the 15th Century. Tropical regions aren’t always hospital, even if they are warm - they, too, can have enormous seasonal variations (usually between wet and dry rather than hot and cold), problems with famine, foods that can or can’t be grown or found there, and so on.

Do you think that they stay under parasols all summer because dark skin tolerates sunshine better than pale skin?

Those white supremacists clearly have not talked with menopausal black women who rush outside at 1 am when it’s ten degrees, or stick their heads in the freezer to cool off.

Well actually they probably have not talked to any black folks in years, so they have no clue, plus think that shoveling snow in their undies in the dead of winter is a clever idea.

White supremacists are stupid enough to shovel snow in their underwear?

That is 100% true.

Shhh… it’s not just racists who do it. Plain crazy people as well, both in work and play.

Enjoy:

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1381638750/5128878.jpg

Yeah!
Unfortunately, a predisposition for prejudice is not a genetically inherited trait. Nevertheless, if frostbite (anywhere) reduces their numbers, I like believing there are therefore fewer left to continue the cultural transmission of racist values.
Tell them Marie Byrd Land is reserved for white nudist sunbathers and non-racist researchers. :smiley:

–G!

So I guess there are no Blacks living in the snowy Lesotho mountain kingdom…

No happy blacks, anyway.

Golly, the_diego, you seem very interested in the goings-on of white supremacists and like Just Asking Questions about them.

Are you suggesting he might have white supremacist tendencies? I think that’s unlikely. He probably just finds the people who would rather see him dead interesting.
ETA- the above might seem rather crypitc if you don’t know that the OP is Filipino.

Bullshit. The Boston busing crisis was a series of race riots. The last time I was there, Boston had some mighty cold winters. And a lot of Black people.