Blast Phaedrus, ten cents a throw!

My head is spinning with praise! STARK, you may certainly use my expression as your sig (with due credit, of course :wink: ).

Hey shit for brains! Ever figure out the meaning of the word “theory” yet?

How about the fallacy it’s tied to?

Nah, I thought not!

You are a waste David, I noticed you said you’ve been a moderator of boards for about 10 years.

Wow, what’s it feel like to have no life?

JERK!

Why don’t you save something about your family’s graves so I can take a big ol’ piss on them like you did to me?

You piece of shit!

YOU are a disgrace to your race, which is FULL of great people. Except YOU!!!

Swine!!!

David B. get a grip, get a clue, get a job and GET A FRICKIN’ LIFE!!!

You can stick your head up a bucther’s ass… Tommy Boy

Coldfire: You’re a what? a mindless worm? No kidding?!?!? I noticed YOu weren’t in MY thread, wha’s a madda? No brains or no balls?

You don’t have the brains to know a troll if it bit ya!

You can stick your head up a bucther’s ass… Tommy Boy

What’s the view like up there?

Phaedrus

At this point I think it is safe to say you are that irritating leech hanging off of the collective backend of this entire message board.

Oh please tell me this was typed in jest.

Taken in little snippets your posts are amusing for their complete lack of clarity, cohesion, and thought.
Taken in whole, they make my eyes want to jump out of their sockets and roll down the hallway looking for something worthwhile to read.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Phaeces says:

Coldfire: You’re a what? a mindless worm? No kidding?!?!? I noticed YOu weren’t in MY thread, wha’s a madda? No brains or no balls?

Errrmmm… huh ? Scroll up instead of right, and you’ll see my TWO posts in this thread.
And since, using your logic, I am mindless, I must obviously have balls.

You don’t have the brains to know a troll if it bit ya!

You already said that.

YAWN

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I just wanted everyone to see ol’ Phaedy’s comments to David B. again, so we can all see that, along with hating blacks and gays, he’s an anti-Semite as well.

Phaedrus, in regards to all the recent “members” of your alleged (probably nonexistent) “family” who supposedly “died”: It was probably the greatest moment of relief in their lives, to be freed from your incessant, petulant, ferocious stupidity.

“Come on, Phonics Monkey–drum!”

First he starts a thread in the BBQ Pit, asking to get flamed. Then the Teeming Millions flame him (quite well, if I might add). Now he’s all up in arms because he was insulted. He even tore his hair out and smashed his keyboard because he was so angry (he is how old?). After he asked to be flamed. In his own thread. In the Pit. Does the word “clueless” come to anybody elses mind?

<TWEEEEEEEET!!!>

Arright, everyone out of the pool! Right now!!

Phaedrus is sitting at his computer jacking off like a 12 year old right now, just because we’re all feeding him.

He’s a very, very selfish and egotistical person.

He’s a true solipsist–the world doesn’t just revolve around him, it doesn’t exist except in his mind. Sounds frighteningly like a serial killer, huh?

He’s consumed by hate and bile, but in such denial that he can do little more than project those traits on everyone he comes across.

He is clearly unbalanced, possibly severely bipolar or schizophrenic. I dearly hope he’s on drugs to control it. But if so, they just ain’t strong enough.

He knows he’s not as smart as others. Deep down, he knows it. His typos, incorrect grammar, misuse of words that are just a little too sophisticated for him are evidence of this. But he strikes out blindly rather than admit it.

I’m sorry, but I can’t hate someone like that. I pity him. I hope he doesn’t hurt anyone, but I’m afraid he already has. I’m glad he doesn’t live in my town, or I would truly be afraid for my children. Not that he might hurt anyone physically, but I wouldn’t want anyone exposed to his damaged psyche in person.

But thank you, Phaedrus for such a lovely post :slight_smile: You clearly put a lot of thought into it, and I value your mind :).

and what the fuck is a "bucther???"

-andros-

I was going to post this in “The earth is flat” thread, but as long as Phaedrus is asking for it…

Isn’t anyone else a little suspicious about the guy? I mean, there’s just no way he can be for real. He’s a troll, plain and simple. An erudite, intelligent troll with a command of English and sophistry- but a troll nonetheless. An anti-Björn, if you will. His whole existence on the SDMB is surely some kind of joke for him.

Here is my seven-step proof that Phaedrus is a troll unlike the Straight Dope has ever seen:

1) He starts off by saying - and repeatedly emphasizing - that he is frightfully busy and simply doesn’t have the time to get bogged down in lengthy explanations. He then proceeds to become hands-down the board’s most prolific poster. Take page eight of “The earth is flat” thread, for example (although nearly any page would serve to prove the point). At 6:07 a.m. on 11/11 he starts a nearly-consecutive 14-post marathon that totals over 2,500 words in just four hours.

He repeats these feats of copious posting day after day after day after day. This from a guy who has almost no time to spare?

2) He is conspicuously absent from nearly all other thread. Just like dearly-departed C#3, Phaedrus limits his participation to the one forum that thrives on his breed - the sickos that delight in drawing people into arguments that cannot be won.

3) In one of his rare forays into extra-Great Debates territory, he posted this gem on page three in a MPSIMS response to someone looking for guidance: “Diane, some advise: A Life, get one. :::::::shakin’ lil’ head::::::::: Tsk Tsk, Too Much Free Time.”

Oh, man, Phaedrus! What a riot! Talk about the pot and the kettle! This has gotta be a joke, right Phaedrus? C’mon, 'fess up!

4) He keeps the evolution debate going 'round and 'round because he refuses to be pinned down on anything specific. Others have called him on his sophistry, but the meaningless words continue to pour forth from the endless font of his keyboard.

I work in politics and know full well how difficult it is to talk so much and say so little - it can actually take quite a bit of effort to avoid saying anything definitive. I’d say there’s only two types of people that can do this as well as Phaedrus has managed: the cataclysmally stupid, and the very intelligent. Phaedrus, sadly enough, does not fall into the former group - his spelling, grammar and syntax are far too good for him to be an idiot. It’s sad that he puts his intellect to such a perverse use.

5) He frequently uses words like prolegomenon, epistemological, pedagogical, and matriculated.

Now, I’m all for an expansive vocabulary so as to always use the best word in a given situation, but prolegomenon?! His thesaurus must be sore with the workout it’s getting! I didn’t even have to look too hard to find these examples. They just jumped off the pages at me. I’m sure there are many, many more.

If using words like these doesn’t qualify him for troll-hood, then I don’t know what does.

6) He started this thread.

One of the defining characteristics of a troll is that no amount of attention - either adulation or abhorrence - will ever be enough for them. Intelligent posters saw through Phaedrus’ anti-evolution sophistry and denied him the adoration he craved, so he turned to this thread to get vitriol instead.

Sheesh!

7) Yesterday, he even posted a query, wondering if [my inane hijacking of “The earth is flat” thread] is the longest thread in the great debates history.

He just can’t enough of himself

So you’ve been outed, Phaedrus. But I honestly believe there’s hope for your redemption. Give up this bizarre troll game of yours, get some intensive counseling, and someday you can join the ranks of the true Straight Dopers.

~ Complacency is far more dangerous than outrage ~

[Note: This message has been edited by Lynn Bodoni]

**Get yer tokens here! Ten cents a throw!

That’s right! One thin dime or two fat nickels!

Hit the bull’s eye and dunk the troll in a tub of water.

A mere 10% of a dollar. I got yer tokens right here! Step right up!**

Stark pretty much hit it on the nose – Phaedrus is a troll. 'Nuff said.

Hey mister Wally! I gotta five dolar bill! I’ll take fifty throws, in succession, each one longer and more off the mark than the last!

I notice Phaedy didn’t call me out on the carpet. I guess when you fight fire with fire an extinguisher is like pissing in the ocean, eh Phaedy?

Yer pal,
Satan

Phaedrus is lower than a troll, David, he’s a pimple on a troll’s butt.

Armed, dangerous…
and off my medication.

Well.

He’s wrong, you know.

The world only exists in MY MIND.

But y’all can park , fish & hunt here for free; I won’t charge you a dime!

That Phaedrus , though; he one of the batos locos.

Me, I’m normal. (laughs manaically)

Is an appreciation of beauty a function of the human soul?

:: Ayesha sits back and thinks to herself, hummm, I wonder if I should hi-jack this wierdo’s thread ? ::

Nah, I’ll just leave it be, unless of course flirting pisses him off . Shall we find out ? Oh Wally, Daniel, Coldfire, come here guys, I need to flirt with you, it’s just for research of course, hell I’ll even flirt with Krispy O too for this one.

What do ya say fellas ?

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Coldfire walks in, slick hair, shades on

Say baby, come here offen ?

lights a cigarette and hangs against the bar nonchalantly

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Oh, great, now Phaedrus will think you’re talking to him and start by defining “here” and then what “often” means and …

Perhaps instead of the anti-Bjorn, Phaedrus is the anti-Loverock.

Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.