Blast Phaedrus, ten cents a throw!

Phaedrus, by starting this thread you have proved once again that you just don’t get it.
Your posts in the “Earth is flat” are torturous, convoluted and almost completely devoid of content. The bitterness that you display here demonstrates how dissappointed you are that no one is impressed with your language gymnastics.
I can tell you in one word what impresses people here: Ideas.

Throw us a bone once in a while, would ya?

I’m not sure which is worse to suffer through, regarding Phaedrus: his sycophantic slobbery back-handed praise or his wildly random spurts of hate-filled bile. It’s like a big dog who has just eaten his own feces alternately licking your face and biting your ass. You’re not sure which is worse, but you know you don’t like either.

Gaudere, those last two sentences would make someone a great sig line. :slight_smile:

“Come on, Phonics Monkey–drum!”

Phaedrus, if we’re mindless and you spend so muct time posting to us, what does that say about your own intelligence?

Ah, Phaedrus brings out the best in some people. Satan, Gaudere, if I were wearing a hat, it would be quite thoroughly tipped.

I have nothing else to say, really. I just wanted to move this thread back to the top so Phaedrus would think he was getting his money’s worth.

-andros-

orangecakes wrote:

For this:
http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000488.html

That thread is up to over 500 posts now, about 498 of which are from Phaedrus trying to “win” the creation/evolution argument by re-defining “winning” as “disagreeing with Phaedrus”.

Quick-N-Dirty Aviation: Trading altitude for airspeed since 1992.

This may be the best place for this.

I would like to take this opportunity to publically thank Phaedrus for his presence. His efforts have singlehandly elevated me from just one of the Teeming Millions to, it would seem, one of the most highly respected posters in Great Debates. In the eight months since this board was opened, I had been able to make an occasional post with content and the more common post with a sarcastic comment. Since Phaedrus arrived I have been accused of being an avatar of Cecil, been asked if I would consider a Moderatorship, and sainted. I do not believe I could have reached this exalted level without the direct help of Phaedrus. Again, thank you.

Oh, and if you feel vindicated in your position because I finally gave up trying to discuss things with a man who redefines words faster than Humpty-Dumpty, feel free. If you wish, you can have a tee shirt printed that says “I Talked Rings Around A Charlatan” and wear it behind the goal posts at the Superbowl. In your rainbow wig. It matters not to me.

I presume that someone will alert me if you ever start to discuss evolution, rather than try to justify your idiosyncratic definition.

Once more, thank you Phaedrus. You make us miss ARG.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan and Saint
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason.”

I gave up on the thread a long time ago. He never made it all the way to the “that depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is” argument, did he?

Rich

Dr. F: Don’t let the honor go to your head.

VegForLife: I think Phaedrus can give Clinton many a lesson in sophistry.

Armed, dangerous…
and off my medication.

I know, Coyote. I figure I have about two weeks before I legitimately make an ass of myself again. But is fun while it lasts.

(Wow, like I’ve got the respect of, what, a good two dozen people. Cool.)

Hey Doc, you had my respect with the M00se bites sig, and its successor.

But then, that’s the respect of someone who gets Monty Python references. So that doesn’t count for much.

-andros-

Oh, you probably have the respect of more people than that, Dr. F; it’s just that some of us aren’t good.
Actually, I’ve always admired you for calling yourself a charlatan and a curator at Miskatonic University.
Go, 'Pods!

Armed, dangerous…
and off my medication.

Hey Phaedrus !

They’re hijacking your thread man !

Time to take control in the eloquent fashion we’ve come to grow accustomed to…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

OK, Phaedrus, I’ll take a shot at you.

That book you were in by John Knowles that we had to read in high school really sucked. You weren’t lame enough to get your name from that piece of shit, were you?

And so it is demonstrated that despite his opinion of himself, Phaedrus is too insignificant for the Teeming Millions to bother flaming.

Here’s a hint, Phaedrus. To get anyone to give two hoots and a holler about you, it helps to post a viewpoint about something. Nathering about people who won’t accept the “official Phaedrus definitions” and endlessly postponing the actual presentation of your case merely bores people. We can be bored enough at home, we don’t need to come here.

Satan,that was excellent,as usual. Phaedrus,please tell me your views on evolution.p.s.be specific! :wink:

Bravo, Guadere!

You comment about the big shit-eating dog was doubtless the goddamn funniest thing I have ever read on the SD.

I will buy that sig line off you! Please, please, please!

~ Complacency is far more dangerous than outrage ~

When I started reading this I became so OUTRAGED I torn MY HAIR!!! You mindless nit wits!!! WHO gave you the right to criticise me? It’s pitiful watching you slobber all over one another trying to out do one another with your flames against me!!!

I depsise you all!!!

I actually smashed my keyboard I hit it so hard!!!
I spit in your face!!!

Worms!!! ARG!!!
How dare you?

Everything MUST be a contest with you, mustn’t it?

(&^(&^%_(&^_(*^)*^(&%#(&^%+(^+)(&+(*&%)^(&^)%(&^+)^_&(^%#)^%+(&^+)*+)(*^%(%#(&%#^#&@&#@#(%*&^%#@^#@&##&#

EWWWWWWW!

Thank you for your lovely posts. :wink:

Phaedy

You can stick your head up a bucther’s ass… Tommy Boy

OK. Now we know for sure. He’s a troll !

HE MADE THE FUCKING HORIZONTAL SCROLL BAR APPEAR !!!

Case closed, as far as I’m concerned…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Satan: I’m submitting your message as a nomination for a classic. Just thought you’d like to know. :slight_smile:

For the rest of you who don’t feel like slogging through 11 pages of messages, you need to read the following. It is a masterpiece.

Written by Gaudere
posted 11-16-1999 01:28 PM

O, what can we say about Phaedy?
His sources are just a bit shady;
Our eager interest
Soon headed due west
And the light in our eyes got all fade-y

He whined and he cried just to stall
He thinks he’s the greatest of all
The arrogant ass
Made posts snide and crass
And slowed our thread down to a crawl.

“I’ve studied philosophers dead
In science and business I’ve led
also construction, guitar,
Are other hats that I wore
Just to cover my hugely swelled head.”

Then out came our andros and phil;
Zinged him quite hard, they sure will
Toss off a good flame…
Phaed’s reponse was quite lame
He whined loud til we’d all had our fill.

Reviving the thread, jab and glee
Argued their points manfully
And beeruser warn’t drunk
and who woulda thunk
he could use logic as well as could we?

Our God of the board, David B
Was hated particularly
And DrFidelis
Who never said “f*ck this!”
Should be sainted immediately

Tom argued with grace and with style;
The good Doc settled in for a while;