Well, you did a lot better than I did before resorting to Blue Paths! I’m well over a hundred days and haven’t managed to drain the reservoir yet (I know how, just haven’t drafted the right rooms in the right sequence). Now focused on trying to get the trophies for drafting 20 dead ends and passing the Final Exam (which requires drafting 9 Classrooms in one run) so I can figure out what’s up with those Blue Tents.
I just hit day 100 and only have 6 trophies. I got a B+ on my exam and probably should have attempted it again immediately, but didn’t really care for it.
I really appreciate clever puzzles, even if I don’t figure them out. I am seeing a decent amount that are just like “notice something in the corner of 1 of the 80 different room types you can draw” and that’s less interesting to me. I’m also a little frustrated by wondering if enough clues have been presented to me to draw all the sigils and I should be rereading books and trying to stamp collect or if I should just hack away at things I can do and hopefully a clue appears.
Finally opened the last Sanctum room, solved them all, and did the room 46 map puzzle (day 118). I did need help for the last key, but the sigils and map were doable. I do have a bit of a lead on one more puzzle, so that’s nice, but then I think I’ll have to try to farm the dead end or last exam puzzle and hope the tent leads to something else I imagine some spoilers are in my future.
Just got the blue tents.
Spoiler about trophies:
I have neither the final exam or the dead end trophy. I have:
- Full house
- Bullseye
- Parlor
- Invention
- Inheritence
- Sigils
- Trophy 8
- Explorer’s
I’d guess you don’t have 7 and 8? If so, I feel that’s more natural than the sweepstakes or exam.
I think looking up hints for trophy 8 is reasonable. If you want a very minor 2 hints that’ll leave all the heavy lifting up to you, that’s in the next spoiler.
Hints:
You basically get both of them for finishing the gallery puzzle + a little more for room 8. Each solution of the gallery puzzles are synonyms and are rebuses.
I just started playing this week. Not sure how much of the thread i dare to read. But maybe I’ll come back to it after i make some progress.
I started being a little lax on spoiler boxing things later in the thread I would say don’t read the thread other than direct replies to your posts.
Man, every time I need a hint to advance the clue makes sense in hindsight. That’s a sign of a good puzzle!
I didn’t 100% the Witness, but I think that’s like 95% patience and determination that would carry someone through. This is different, I’m just not clever enough.
My wife and I solved all required and optional puzzles, with the exception of the big time-limit event, which I think we didn’t fully care about.
I can’t imagine doing again, even if it has been 10 years or so. It was a monumental effort. I think I’d list it as one of my finest gaming achievements.
I do think that working with a partner would be way more fun and helpful to bounce ideas off each other would be great.
How do you know you did everything? It’s my understanding that there’s no cutscene when you’re done or achievement tracker outside the trophy case.
Oh, well, when we were done with all the post-game puzzles that we saw, we ended up looking up to see if we missed anything. I believe we managed to either find all of the puzzles on our own or at least 95% or more.
We didn’t get any special achievement and the “ending”, so to speak, remains the same no matter what you do.
I believe The Witness started with more lore and story bits around and Jonathan Blow decided gradually to remove them, so we ended up with a pretty sparse world and no logic as to what is going on.
Opened the blue door!
What a disappointment. Probably missing something though if the game has taught me anything.
Ooh, maybe I’ll try another session tonight. I started without taking notes. It became obvious i was supposed to take notes, but i really wasn’t in the mood. But I’ve found a suitable notebook (a little notebook someone gave me that is kinda sorta graph paper, so perfect for representing info about the grid) that i plan to use for my next session.
I would say however many notes you’re taking, you’re probably not taking enough. I kinda think that’s to the detriment of the game, but it’s probably a stylistic choice of what types of puzzles you like.
Well, none so far.
But as i said, it was clear the game expected me to take notes, even before i came upon a room that said so explicitly.
It’s too late for me to continue today, but what the fuck did I just unlock?!
??? Can you describe for us?
The room you unlock by placing the secret passage outside.
It’s all blue and contains all the house rooms laid out with a Mora Jai box in each room. I suspect that the secret video in the security room outlines a path through the maze, so I’ll have to re-watch that. Also, this is so huge I think I’ll run out of steps for the first time in a long while.
If it takes me multiple days to explore it all, and it likely will, continuing to redraft the secret passage is going to be annoying.
Would you please screenshot the room? I’ve not made it anywhere as far as you have.
Through the door at the back of this room: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/blue-prince/images/5/51/The_Atelier.jpeg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/1000?cb=20250611151110