Boss Level is a pretty good popcorn movie if you're in the market for one

Boss Level is on Hulu. It’s basically a sci-fi version of Ground Hog’s Day. (Action packed too)

Lots of giggles, lots of fun, and the action scenes were spot on. Definitely the best action movie I’ve seen in the past year or so.

Thanks, I like a good fun Friday night movie, so maybe I’ll give this a try tonight. The ‘time loop’ trope is getting a little worn, but maybe there are still fresh spins on it.

Checked it out on IMDB since I never heard of it-- some interesting names. Naomi Watts? I’m guessing she has a mortgage payment to cover or something (no hate on the movie, she’s just the biggest star in this, other than Mel Gibson. And, speaking of…)

“Mel Gibson as Colonel Clive Ventor”. Hmmm, I’m guessing he can never be cast as a pure ‘good guy’ anymore unless he’s bankrolling his own movie, so I bet he turns out to be a secret bad guy toward the end. Either that, or the ‘clueless, arrogant superior officer who commands the hero to do things that put him in greater danger’. No spoilers here, just WAGs.

And “Ken Jeong as Chef Jake”— annoying comic relief who gets killed off early in the movie.

Trailer:

Yeah, I agree. It’s a fun action / comedy / dramedy.

J.

I watched it and liked it, but I think I hated the ending. We don’t even:

get to see his final run that saves the day. The ending title came on screen and both my wife and I said, “Wait. What? That’s the ending?”

I was into it, but disappointed.