Boston Dopers: I need help

Just a kick for the evening and weekend crowd.

Does anyone have a problem with the location? Anyone need a ride? Anyone want to suggest a thematic motif?

Just so all you lucky Dopefesters know what to look for, http://www.hilltopsteakhouse.com has a picture of the sign, and directions.

Just a suggestion – The Hilltop has a tendency to get REALLY busy, so even for a Monday night someone might want to make a reservation. Which also suggests a headcount.
I think I can make it, but I mght be a bit late – and I won’t be having dinner.

I haven’t been to the Hilltop, but someone told me they like to move people in and out as quickly as possible. I’m not sure if it’s a good place to linger in the sparkling company of fellow dopers.

I would probably be free, but transportation for me to get there would be tough. I’m in brookline, and I lack car. Anyone up for picking me up?

CalMeacham, is this true? I got a different impression from your initial description. I agree that reservations are a good idea wherever we go. So how about it dopers – raise your hands if you’re sure.

I’m gonna check this thread Monday before lunch and then call to make a reservation for however many people indicate a desire to attend, plus one just in case.

Totoro, if you take the T up to Woburn I can grab you from there on my way over. I’d never have time to make it to Brookline and back.

Ok. For some reason I was a week ahead in my mind.

Forget my urgency. Sheesh. You’d think that since the SDMB has dates on posts I’d have noticed, but apparently my power to grasp the obvious is waning lately. I blame the color yellow, myself.

Embarassedly yours,
erl

Hey – I had another thought (yes, I can sometimes keep two going at once.) Any chance the Sox are playing a homestand that week? I’m not talking huge get together, but I’d love to grab a seat in the bleachers and get nostalgic. Any of you folks baseball fans?

Okay, I will.

Hey – Toronto @ Boston, July 24-26. Sweetness. Anybody up for watching some Blue Jays fall?

I think I’m the last person in the country who still refuses to go to a baseball game due to the strike in '94, so I won’t be there. But I have a younger brother who works the hot dog stands at Fenway. Not that you’d really want to meet him or anything, and I doubt you’d get a discount for mentioning my name, but I figured I’d mention. That’ll also be the first home game since the All-Star break, so be forewarned that tickets may go quickly. Especially since they’ll be in first place by then.

Shut up, naysayers, they will be in first place. I know it.

Is it true that the Hilltop tosses people ot? Not as far as I know – I’ve been there in groups and not been tossed out. The place is HUGE, and on a Monday I wouldn’t think there’d be a problem. At any rate, there’s a bar section upstairs we could adjourn to if need be.

Woo-hoo! I like the place more already. Let’s do it, people. Meet me at the big giant cactus. I’ll be the shabby loooking guy who can pronounce “r”.

Actually, no can do on my part, stupid family. I’ll catch you guys another time then.

(bump)

Time: Monday July 23 @ 7:30 [sup]ish[/sup]
Place: Hilltop Restaurant
Purpose: Drink stuff, talk, maybe consume some bloody cow flesh, and soothe Spiritus’ fragile self image.

People who will be there, probably only because I said I would stand the first round
Spiritus Mundi (Counting heads and nervously checking bank balance)
CalMeacham[ (Who we can call late for dinner)
erislover (Who owes me a beer, too. Nyah nyah.)

People who might be there if nothing actually interesting presents itself as an option
Pammipoo
SexyWriter
Robot Arm
waterj2
kiz
Shagnasty
Beelzebubba

(Some of whom said yes but have yet to confirm the location and might have discovered a social life in the interim)

People who think Spiritus is a punk and wouldn’t cross the street to spit on me if I was on fire and waving a fistful of 100’s
ElvisL1ves
LNO
Rasa
Flymaster
Totoro

People who play dress up with their dogs
Bad News Baboon

Lost New Yorkers
k2dave

Did I miss anybody?

I just called the Hilltop, and they only take reservations for 12 or more. They say there should be no problem for a party of 10 at 7:30. We can make reservations if we wish – I haven’t because someone named “Nancy” has a reservation for 20 at 7:30, and I don’t know if “Nancy” is any of you pseudonyms. The bar upstairs is open until 10.

As I say, I might be a little late. I have to tuck MilliCal in.

10?

I thought I was going to the big city? What time do they roll up the sidewalks?

Please put me (and Mr. Nugent) in the category of “Wants to come but might have too much (*&^)(%% work to make it” - I’ll try to update you before Monday.

That’s the problem – Boston isn’t the Big City. They stop the subways here before 1 AM *on the weekends!!!*I’ve had to take cabs back home after a night at the theater or a club, even though the subway ran nearby. People have been complaining about this for years, but Boston shuts down early.

Not to worry – there are other bars along Route 1. The problem is that some of the ones open late are things like “D.J.'s World Famous Golden Banana” with its table dancers.

On the other hand, based on what I’ve read on this Board, some Dopers might not see that as a problem.