Boy am I glad Futurama's back

I was surprised to come in today after having a really icky 24-hour flu to find that apparently no one had posted about Sunday’s great episode of Futurama. I love this show–it’s beginning to supercede the Simpsons for me, although Sunday’s Simpsons was good, too…not to mention the X-Files.

Best line in months: Zapp, Kif, and Fry have been sentenced to death by “Snu-snu” (use your own filthy minds :wink: ) with the Amazon women of the planet they’ve crashed on. Zapp begs for mercy after a few hours: “The spirit is willing, but the flesh is bruised and spongy.”

I must have laughed for 10 minutes.

I am torn over that episode. On one hand, I was quite offended that it was on at 7pm here in Seattle. On the other hand, I was highly amused to hear my 10-yr-old daughter yell to my wife from the bedroom, “Mom, what’s ‘snu-snu’?” As she was involved in clandestine TV viewing, we felt no answer was required.

We have that problem here too, only it’s on at SIX in Albuquerque, so it’s even worse. We’ve always watched the Simpsons with the kids (in fact, the “Homerphobia” episode sparked a very useful and informative family discussion about what it means to be gay, a subject that tends not to come up naturally around kids unless they’ve got a gay-and-out family member), but Futurama is just DIRTY a lot of the time. FUNNY, but too dirty for the preteen set.

I suppose it’s my fault for never remembering to set the VCR in time, but I’d really appreciate it if Fox would keep the Simpsons at 7, move The King of the Hill to 8, Futurama to 8:30, and bump the X-Files to 9 in the Mountain time zone.

But what about Malcolm in the Middle? That caps off the greatest two hours of television, and is fairly inappropriate for the pre-teen set.

Perhaps King of the Hill at 7 (since it’s very family-friendly, what with morals and all–I guess that’s what happens when the creators of Bevis and Butt-Head have kids of their own), with the Simpsons at 7:30, then Futurama and Malcolm?

Quick! Somebody call Fox’s programming department! :smiley:

Snu-snu rules! It’s now my favorite Futurama episode of all time, followed by the Planet of the Robots and the Popplers ones.

I thought it was hysterical, Palandine! Shades of the old Robert Crumb comics featuring gigantic sex-hungry women. I thought the bit with Kif walking on the ceiling like a tree frog was especially good.

As much as I love football (and I really do) I was glad to settle down and watch a snu-snu-rific half-hour of Futurama.

Hm. For some reason I thought it was spelt Snoo Snoo. That’s how I saw it. That shot of the skeleton guys with their pelvises crushed. Awww. That hurt a bit, watching. :slight_smile:

I also liked how this episode went back and used info from another episode. That is…there is continuity. Another plus.

And i loved this line…I’ve always thought that the most sensual part of a woman was the boobies.

Yes, there is dirtiness. I like it though! :stuck_out_tongue:

Three great lines from my favorite character in the series:

“Yes, yes. Perhaps a hard spanking is in order?”

“I’ve found that the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies”

“If I said that you had a beautiful body, would you take off your pants and dance around a little.”

How could I forget MALCOLM??? Um…it’s inappropriate for the pre-teen set? Oops.

I’m not all that fond of King of the Hill, and I don’t think they’re any more appropriate (and a lot less funny) than Malcolm is. I suppose we can just put them before the Simpsons, but I’d like Malcolm next, then Futurama and X-Files.

We’d make great programmers, wouldn’t we?

Man, according to you guys, I must be the worst parent in the world. I watch Futurama, King of the Hill, The Simpsons AND Malcolm in the Middle (affectionately known as The Shows, as in “The Shows are on! The Shows are on! Hurry!”) with my…gasp!..seven-year-old. If there’s an objectionable part (this week’s Futurama was pretty risque) I’ll either talk with the Dumpling about it or “accidentally” sit on the remote. Whoops, I switched to the Learning Channel. Luckily, this has very seldom been the case - I’m pretty comfortable with the programming in general and my son often will ask me about something he doesn’t understand. As far as the crushed pelvis death and snoo-snoo - he thought the Amazonian women sat on them until they were dead. Not too far from the truth, but far enough to maintain innocence.

Now, these were tough to explain.

I was laughing at the part where Zapp is doing Kereoke, William Shatner style. Singing (or speaking) the song, “Lola” but with the letters “L-e-e-l-a, Leela!”

That was by far one of the best episodes. The thing with Kif scurrying on the ceiling was great, as was the spanking bit…oh, I laughed and laughed.

Now if only The Family Guy would come back :frowning:

I hope Futurama sticks around for a while. It’s taken Matt’s sense of the absurd in directions he couldn’t go with The Simpsons

“We not dunk but make up for with good fundimentals”

Bahahahah!

The men (except for Kif) couldn’t help but revert to neanderthal remarks under stress. I’m going to have to use some of Zap’s patented pickup lines soon.

But what’s with all the Zoidberg bashing? Hermes has really got it out for him. If they’re not careful it could edge into the anti-semitic. Yeah, I know a Lobster isn’t kosher but…

I’ve loved Billy West’s work ever since Ren and Stimpy. Wonder if they could get John K. to do a guest spot.

Totally a great episode, and while I could give a shit about the sexualality on early, I’d agree that logically it should be King of the Hill, Malcolm in the Middle, Simpsons, Futurama, X-Files. They all start at 6 here in the Midwest, and this whole Fox/9PM news thing has always pissed me off.

I really laughed at the guys shifting from horror to glee and back when they were told of their punishment. All around great damn episode.

shuffles off wishing for snu-snu

I laughed out loud when I heard that. One of many great lines in this episode. It had so many sexist ideas, against both men and women. They were all done so cleverly that I don’t think anyone was offended. And even if someone was, there were just as many jokes against both sexes.

Something else I remembered that had me rolling:

When they were sentenced to “death by snu-snu,” the alternating looks of horror and joy, horror and joy…good stuff.

Sorry. I’ve got to be anal (Bolding mine)

I’m confused. Which is your fave?

(personally, mine’s Hermes.)

Oh. And I thought it was “Snoo-snoo,” too.

I Love Futurama.
My son and I watch it, (he likes All cartoons).
My favorite episode was the one where Bender flushed Nibbler down the toilet.
I miss The Family Guy too.
I think my favorite show right now is P.J.s.

Vanilla,

I too miss the Family Guy. I don’t know why it was sacked, but it certainly wasn’t due to poor writing. I kick myself now for not taping some or all of the episodes.

The dog, Brian, had some of the best lines by far.