Boy, sure is rape culture around here lately

You got this one right. 100%. Starving “to victimize women” Artist needs to be banned. He brings nothing good to the board. And that’s the only way to take something away from him as a consequence of his behavior. He won’t stop his abhorrent arguments. He loves it. He gets off on it. So, let’s take that away from him.

I vote we ban expectopatronum because I don’t like this post, and it’s the only way to stop him/her.

This is what we’re doing now, right?

I was following Jay Smooth’s advice about racism – focus on the speech, not the person.

So, “what you said sounded racist,” not “you’re a racist.” How To Tell Someone They Sound Racist - YouTube
I agree with Smooth’s argument that labeling people racist/misogynist/whatevs based on one act of speech is a bad approach on pragmatic grounds.

Also, it’s uncharitable. We all fail at life in all its aspects; when our failures are at the level of sincere thought or speech, it seems like the right thing not to ascribe evil motives to someone who messed up once.
(YMMV on whether Starving Artist deserves that kind of intellectual charity, obvs.)

It is excruciating to see so many people unable to talk straight. Virtue signalling is a horrid, needy, embarrassing, cringing self indulgence.

You might want to think things through before putting it to a vote.

It’s now called ‘no platforming’ at colleges and universities. Why should students, who are their by default to learn, have to listen to people they don’t agree with.

Has anyone suggesting making the SD a ‘safe space’ yet? Believe me, it’s coming …

The rest of us can count past one.

No one has ever mentioned safe spaces except for the pro-misogyny tards/trolls, like yourself.

I’ll chip in a vote to bring it up to two.

If all the right thinking people on the board chip in we might bring it up to eight or 10. :wink:

Hey, turns out I’m “pro-misogyny”. Someone just told me i=on the internet. Do i get a bumper sticker or something. When’s the next meetup?

The bright side is, it only took you a few days to realize this forum isn’t the place for you. You can pull up anchor and move on to new adventures, with no regrets over the tiny fraction of your long, rich and storied life that you wasted here. Godspeed!

I’m grateful to be advised so well by a turnip.

Can I also be among the first to suggest turnips need and deserve their own safe space. You shouldn’t be oppressed by having to share your environment with sharp objects, cooking paraphernalia, and men dressed in white uniforms and aprons.

Darn. Giraffe snark mining must have hit a dry patch.

:: reads last few posts ::

…with that reference to the “boards we shall not name” I think we’ve hit the bingo!!!

This is a good example of someone who is not even trying to add anything to the conversation. He’s just trying to bait people. How long does he get to do this?

He’s trolling in the #whyIdidn’treport thread. Can this please be stopped?

Why do we allow it in the PIT?

Sure, we allow name calling in the Pit. You can call someone a asshole.

But there’s no reason at all why racist, sexist and trolling posts need to be allowed there.

The other idea is dump the Pit as a outdated idea.

Maybe.

If you said: “You know, Memory Experts have said memories that old are unreliable” that would be one thing.

But blaming the victim, or attacking her for possible reasons why she might be lying- that gets into being misogynistic and /or rape culture.

Blaming the victim. Misogyny. Rape culture.

It was NOT her fault.

Rape is *never *the victim’s fault. It falls 100% on the … rapist.