Braken Floofernoofer, My Favorite Cassarole.

Wow. The other night my wife wasn’t feeling good, so it was up to me to make dinner. My favorite dish ever is this dish that my wife found in a Campbell’s recipe book. The official title of this dish is something like Campbell’s Macaroni and Beef Bake.

I know, I know. This doesn’t sound very appetizing, but trust me, it is awesome. What they don’t mention is all of the extra spices and vegetables that go into it. It is a cassarole that gets baked in a big dish.

I’m going to start a restaurant that serves only family sized cassaroles. There will be this big menu, and everything is a cassarole. Put whale blubber in a dish and call it a cassarole, and I will gobble it down before it hits the table. I love cassaroles.

Whenever my wife runs out of ideas for dinner, and asks me what I want, I always reference this particular dish, because she makes it so well. Because of my slight dyslexia and speech impediment, over time, the name of this dish has been mutated into “Braken Floofernoofer”.

So, again, my wife was not feeling well the other night, and it was an FFY night (Fend For Yourself). So, I’m making Braken Floofernoofer for myself, and my wife if she gets an apetite.

I made the dish very well, and promptly ate half of it. My wife still wasn’t feeling well, so I divided the rest up into Tupperware containers for storage. This was on Monday. I have been living off of this dish ever since then. The last Tupperware container containing the last batch of Braken Floofernoofer will be eaten by myself today for lunch.

T minus 42 minutes until Braken Floofernoofer.

interesting…

floofernoofer is something you like to eat.

but

floofernoofer is what i say, when i drop the dish of what i want to eat, on the floor.

Odd. Over 12 hours have passed, and Zenster hasn’t yet shown up to modestly proffer his Ultimate Recipe for Braken Floofernoofer.

And I thought this had something to do with The Golden Girls.

Sounds like something from a Dr. Seuess book…

*Oh, the Snooflerders of Snoof town
Were the merriest group.
They planted in spring,
And come fall, harvested Floof!

They ate Floof in their salad.
Floof pudding, Floof soup.
And for special occasions
the Braken Floofernoofer!

Yes, Braken Floofernoofer.
Cooked by cooks most aloof.
Though keep your distance when I eat it
as it gives me the toots…*

I’d like the recipe as well CF!

Hey, do we get a recipe for this or what? I like casseroles too. yummmmm

I wanna make Floofernoofer! (I will leave out the muqtuq though.)

Here you go:

One full bag of wagonwheel pasta, cooked.
One pound of ground beef.
garlic, to taste.
pepper, to taste
Oregano or Basil, to taste. Both work equally good, but not at the same time.
1 1/2 cups of mozarella.
1 can of cream of mushroom, condensed.
1 can of tomato soup, condensed.
Uh, 1 1/3 cups of water.
As many vegetables and different varieties that you like, or can fit in the dish. But not too many, I prefer the taste of the beef and condensed soups, but do what you like.

Here’s what you do:

Preheat oven to 400.
Cook the pasta and drain.
Brown the beef and drain.
With the heat still on, combine everything into the pan with the beef (it takes a big pan) except the pasta AND 1/2 cup of the mozarella.
Mix this concoction together until it is all of the same temperature, and thoroughly mixed with the beef.
Throw everything into a large cassarole dish with the pasta, EXCEPT the 1/2 cup of mozarella.
Cook uncovered at 400 for 20 minutes.
Stir the dish, and top with the rest of the mozarella.
Cook for five more minutes.
Eat.
Die happy.

::applause:: for Inky-!! :slight_smile:

uhh, wouldn’t it be Broken Floofernoofer when you drop it on the floor?
-let the groaning begin-

Actually, White Ink, I thought the thread title was Broken Floofernoofer at first glance. Which sounds like something I’d make.

I grew up on casseroles! Yumm, throw it all in one pot and cook it up for dinner! And church potlucks whever everyone brought a different casserole and they’d all run together on my plate into this huge tasty glop! Yumm!

Okay, now I have to go eat something.