Breaking Bad Season 5! (Prev. Season Spoilers)

Breaking Bad Season 5 Premieres Sun., Jul. 15!

I’m excited! Anyone want to speculate on the upcoming season?

Once again the competition got destroyed; so it’s Game On for Walter White! The meth market is wide open. Up until now, Walt’s breaking bad incidents have still showed him as a basically good guy, who is occasionally doing bad. So we should see his transformation to 100% bad by the end of the season.

Isn’t this the final season?

As predicted in past threads, Hank will discover Walter is Heisenberg but will end up not turning him. The reasons why I can’t really predict but I suspect he’ll confront Walter about it and he’ll talk his way out of it, saying that he’s finished in the business or some such.

Hank may or may not get caught in covering up Walter’s guilt. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets caught, which leads to everyone but Walter Jr. in jail and continues the subtle theme that drugs corrupt, or cause people to “break bad”.

On a more personal note, I hope Walter becomes so corrupted by the drug world and becomes so paranoid that everyone is onto him (i.e this is about me!) and kills Skyler to protect himself. This would also continue the “drugs corrupt people” theme in the most extreme fashion. Walter originally got into The Business for his family and ended up killing his family because of The Business. It’s been touched on before already too, in a conversation with Saul, that he did it for his family and now he doesn’t even have them anymore.

I wonder if Mike will go to work for Walter now that Gus is gone. Or if some other cartel type will take Gus’s place. Last we saw Mike I believe he was still waylaid in that makeshift Mexican hospital.

Walter’s got a distribution problem (well, and no super lab) because many (most? all?) of the cartel guys are dead and Gus is dead too. I wonder if Walter, who’s proven himself to be pretty spectacularly bad at running a drug empire, will try to set up his own network.

This is what makes me believe next season is going to feature a lot more Hank. He’ll be putting the pieces together as Walter and company recover from the fallout. Without Gus, Hank will have very little stopping him from digging quite deeply into what exactly was going on.

Here’s a pretty great preview scene from the first episode of the new season is out.Doesn’t give anything away, except that it’s still the best show on television right now.

And here’s an official trailer for season five. Hearing Mike for the first time since the last season, I just wanted to jump up and down while clapping my hands and squealing like a little girl.

I’m really excited for the new season. With Gus’ death, the writers can take the story pretty much anywhere. From what I’ve read on the internet – from IMDB, interviews with the cast, and from people who’ve seen screeners for the first couple episodes – the series’ direction for this season is fresh and invigorating. Which makes sense, since at this point, Walt’s divested himself of all the obstacles that would keep him from assuming control of the market.

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait.

I predict Jesse learning that Walt poisoned the little boy, assuming he did (or that at Jesse at least thinks he did) and Walt:Jesse have a “to the death” showdown in the final episodes. (Saul will have taken out life insurance policies on both of them, himself as beneficiary.)

Though I’ve never accurately predicted much of anything on this show other than it will kick ass.

I do hope Gus comes back as a ghost. I think it would suck plotwise, but I’m going to miss Giancarlo on the series.

The death of Gus doesn’t necessarily mean that the network is gone. A lot of the pieces and contacts are still there (distributors, street dealers, etc.) and Mike no doubt knows the network and the people at least as well as Gus did, possibly better.

Maybe Mike will go to work for Walt, or vice versa. It might be a smaller operation since they no longer have the restaurants’ trucks for shipping and they no longer have the super lab, but they could still make some money. They can’t really use more than they can launder through the car wash anyway.

Rumor: There will be a scene where Walt Jr. eats breakfast.

I am completely baffled as to how Walt can set him self up as NewGus. He has no lab, no distribution network, and nobody knows he is Heisenberg the King. I guess theoretically he’s got the capital to set up a new lab, but how does he gain the trust of a whole army of people needed to make wide-scale illegal drug distribution work? Gus was a businessman and he sold a product and sold it very, very well: chicken with methsauce. What’s Walt got? A giant chip on his shoulder.

Although of course I eagerly await being proven completely wrong.

Any idea how much money Walt has these days?

That’s what I’m wondering: remember the boo-hoo/bout of hysteria he had down in the crawlspace when he realized that Skyler had taken all the dough and he couldn’t get them the hell out of Dodge? I don’t remember the figures. Maybe he needed $5 million and he only had $2 million. That’s still a lot of money.

I have two threads of interest…

First is this continued irreverence that Walt is handling pretty well but you got to wonder if he, in fact, would like everyone to know that he is Heisenberg. Somehow it all feels incomplete and he himself perhaps unaccomplished. I mean, wouldn’t it make him feeling high if he could go to Hank and tell him that he is the guy who killed Gus?

Second one is that Walt will be dealing with all loose ends that someone who got himself in criminal circles and then wants out has to deal. It is somewhat cliche plot so knowing originality of the writer I wouldn’t bet on this line of development. It’s just I don’t see Walt pursuing drug business anymore.

I could see him getting into something other than drugs. Maybe they could launder other criminals’ money through the car wash for a percentage. Saul probably knows any number of people who would use that service.

However, there is a publicity shot out showing Walt in his yellow hazmat suit sitting in front of a bunch of plastic shipping crates that probably contain meth, so I think he’s going to continue in the meth business.

I think the Ted situation will come back to haunt to Skyler.

Walter will kill Hank actually.
I have this on good authority from my ass.

That’s an interesting thought. I wonder how that could happen.

Maybe that check to the IRS will bounce and they’ll reopen the investigation. Skyler was the bookkeeper so they might investigate her.

I know that Saul had checked and knew that there was enough money in Ted’s checking account, but maybe Beneke bought another car or something and there was a check that hadn’t cleared yet.

:smiley:
I think that’s pretty much a given!

I can’t remember exactly but I was left with the impression that he was much closer to being back to even than he was to being rich.

Season 5 is the last season, but we are only going to get the first 8 episodes this summer. The final 8 episodes of Season 5 won’t air until next summer.

They’re playing fast and loose with the definition of the word “season”.