Breaking news: Sean "Diddy" Combs – homes raided by feds (25 Mar 2024)

Video report:

Homes searched in Los Angeles and Miami.

Miami-focused article with some historical background on recent accusations and controversies:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article287085590.html

Earlier reports that Combs had fled to Antigua were premature. His private jet flew to Antigua, but he wasn’t on board. Possibly he ordered it to fly there without him to prevent a search?

Whatever’s been brewing the last few months appears to have broken open.

I can’t speak to the case or background at all.

But as a general matter, fatcat’s private jets often go from here to there empty. Or carrying other people. They are often available for charter as a way of defraying the cost of ownership and providing whopping tax deductions. So the general thought that “factcat’s jet going from A to B” proves, or even implies “fatcat owner traveled from A to B” is a pretty tenuous stretch. “Mildly suggests the possibility fatcat owner traveled from A to B” is probably the right tone.

Or of course, maybe the jet (or something / someone on it) is being repositioned to be out of reach of the Feds. Which is hard to do; they’re real good at extraterritoriality. But certainly worth a try if the suspect is in deep shit.

It could also be done to prevent confiscation of assets. A lot of Russian oligarchs moved their ships and jets to ‘safe’ locations after the Ukraine war started.

Has he been located yet?

This whole thing has been on TMZ all day. This link has footage of the house after the raid.

Is there a reason this is being handled by Homeland Security instead of the FBI?

Diddyt

(sorry)

A couple guesses just based on the bureacratic wiring diagram, not anything to do with this case.

DHS includes what used to be the Border Patrol and immigration functions. If Diddy was suspected of trafficking in immigrants for sex purposes, that would be in their bailiwick.

DHS includes the Secret Service. Which in addition to their VIP protection functions is also the Fed’s anti-counterfeiting arm. If Diddy was suspected of counterfeiting, or holding counterfeit currency he got from ???, (or perhaps other financial crimes in the money-laundering direction) that would be in their bailiwick.

DHS also just has a lot of muscle.

If the FBI wanted more goons to turn over furniture at one house looking for stuff, they might borrow a few dozen bodies from local DHS rather than import a bunch of FBI muscle from across the country.

I don’t follow Diddy and don’t know the background of the investigation. But they showed up in armored vehicles with heavily armed officers and tore into his house as if he was an armed terrorist planning an imminent attack. It looks like something that would happen in a 3rd world country with military troops. I find this very disturbing.

Are they financially responsible for the damage they caused?

Rodney Jones v. Sean (P Diddy) Combs et al

The claims are horrific. Drugs, blackmail, rape, and a possible murder is just the beginning. No idea if the plaintiff’s statements are true, but the lawsuit includes highly detailed information about witness and cohorts, including photographs.

I wasn’t paying much attention to this but I ran across a YouTube video that turned out to be some kind political nonsense. I can dismiss anything said on that video, except they asked why this is being ignored by that huge conspiracy called the Mainstream Media. It wasn’t ignored, but the level of detail in the lawsuit makes it a much bigger story, and one that should be getting a great deal of media investigation and coverage. I think this case is comparable to the Jeffery Epstein, Harvey Weinstein, and Vince McMahon charges and lawsuits.

So non-conspiratorially, why not more in depth coverage of this? Is there simply too much lurid detail here? Was no one looking at Sean Combs following a number of claims of assault, sexual abuse, and general violence?

He sounds like a real piece of work if even a fraction of it are true. But Epstein seemed to have something of a media shield around him because of possible high profile connections. It might be the same with Combs.

I’m still disturbed by the level of military style assets used to gain access to Comb’s house. What’s the decision process involved to justify it?

Legal Eagle has a video summarizing the allegations.

I have to say I’m a little nonplussed by the casual mention of him blowing up another rapper’s car for making goo-goo eyes at his girl… That’s psychopath behavior.

OK, if he’s blowing stuff up then maybe there was good reason for the intensity of the raid.

“Asked for comments, Tupac’s ghost said, yeah, that checks out:smile:

There being something of a history of violence around the whole Diddy timeline, one can understand a bit of a show of force. But yeah, I can get how people would initially get that gnawing feeling that they’d leave the APCs at the motor pool if this were, say, Kevin Spacey being raided. I would hope that if anyone ever has to go take in Ted Nugent they’d take similar provisions.

(BTW: Homeland Security Investigations is in charge not just of sex trafficking but of child pr0n, which if someone recorded a minor in a sexual encounter, also gets piled up on any potential charge.)

His body guard says he has tapes of important people associated with his sex parties. What is his life expectancy in prison if that is true?

Depends on what "important " means.

Record execs? Not much change from his natural life expectancy. Some Senator or former President? Maybe not long. Depending on how the election goes.

With little to go on … I’d bet Musk or Zuckerberg would have him killed. Gates or Buffet probably not. Assuming of course all four attended a compromising party.