Brit-speak translation, please?

Don’t heat it when it’s already dried out. The hot water won’t soften it for quite a time, but, yes, I’d go for trying to make a paste out of some pieces.

Out of curiosity, what’s Vegemite’s consistency like if you get it “fresh off the assembly line”? Like if I were at the Vegemite plant and I grabbed a just-filled jar?

Consistency of vaseline, I would say.
But tastes better.

I just tried the bread/butter/vegemite/peanut butter suggestion, and it was quite good!

Marmite is a food that some people like and some people really hate.

Piers Morgan is an unethical asshole.

I think the analogy is really unfair to marmite.

I have Vegemite here not off the assembly line, but about nine months old or so that I just opened (I bought a half dozen.) It has been kept on a shelf in the kitchen. The description of its consistency as Vaseline-like above is an apt one: that is, indeed, how I would characterize it. It is very easy to spread. I personally find Vegemite easier to handle and spread than Marmite. Marmite has a more thick-syruppy consistency (kind of like molasses) that seems to harden over time the way Vegemite hasn’t (for me, at least.) It is possible I simply eat my Vegemite more quickly than my Marmite.

There actually is a Marmite peanut butter (I know because my brother, God bless him, found it and bought it for me for Christmas, along with some Marmite cashews.)

If you cant find twiglets , putting a thin smattering of marmite on a corn tortilla chip makes a nice salty snack. It’s a bit of a pain but dipping the corner in works as well.