Britons convinced Earth crashing into sun! Temperature tops 100 degrees F!

Set for record 100° roast

Normal temperature for us here in Hong Kong in summer - plus we have 90% humidity! But I really suffered on a recent trip to Southern England (mid-July, temperature in the 80s) owing to the lack of air conditioning. People don’t even have electric fans.

The local TV station was issuing advice on how to sleep at night (eg, “wear damp PJs”).

Normally on trips to England I freeze. This time, it was a relief to come back to (artificially) cool HK.

Wusses! :wink: It’s 20 degrees C (68F) (here on my side of Australia at the moment and this is the deepest depths of winter!

105 over here, and a car I am borrowing, has no air conditioning; after a couple of years of living here, you get used to. (You have to, otherwise: you are not considered an Arizonian) :slight_smile:

Can’t complain: I do get glad is just in the low hundreds, last month it was 112 and up!

I was just thinking about that the other day when our air conditioning didn’t work and it ws 83 and I thought it was too hot. People in Arizona would be glad to have a day in August that is 83 degrees.

Yes, we’re all wusses. You’re all much better than we are at being hot. Jolly well done.

Given that we’re used to one season all year round known as drizzlegreydullcloudy, punctuated with two or three randomly placed days corresponding to the other seasons, we can hardly be expected to act normally when we get warm weather for several days at a time!

It’s as unlikely as other countries getting sixteen tornados hitting one town in a five minute period. And jesus turning up just afterwards asking ‘Did I do that?’.

I know know which clubs do and don’t have god air conditioning. Mmmm frosty.

And don’t you forget it!

Huh. IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach IwishIwasatthebeach. Oh, and IwishIwasatthebeach.

Ah, that first dip into a sparkling cold sea with children’s laughter all around and the promise of meatpaste sandwiches and a good PG Wodehouse to keep me company. And someone pleasant to rub the suncream in, of course.

Instead I am stuck in a non-air-conditioned hellhole with insufficient fans (the whirring kind, not the obsessive types – I’ve got plenty of those) and a whole day of idiotic nonsense work. Bah!

Funniest thing I’ve read in ages.

100,000 years of migration and evolved genes says I like it temperate. So do I. It’s really not that complicated.

And feck you, George Kyoto Bush

It’s all in the mindset, 1000 years of grumbling about the weather has you trapped in the wrong mindset - get outdoors go for a swim. swig a coldie (beer) and revel in the heat…remember another 5 months and you’ll be deep into a North European Winter! He he he he he he he (evil grin)

I’m in England…yet…I’M HOTT! Brain…can’t… understand…

Rolls eyes Bloody typos! That’s ‘hot’ not ‘hott’.

I do feel sorry for my Brit friends—especially as so few people over there have a/c (indeed, they ask me, “what’s a/c?” and I have to tell them it’s air conditioning). We’re spoiled over here, with our air conditioning and our window screens and our fancy lace fans.

On the other hand, will someone please take away our constant cloudburst thunderstorms, for just a few days? My cats are evolving into fish.

But shouldn’t all the dressing down be worth it? Weather like that here means bikinis as far as the eye can see.

The big shops usually have air conditioning though. Unfortunatly what we have in our homes is central heating. :frowning:

No wonder English settlers thought going to Virginia was being sent to hell.

Sadly, we’re probably colder during the winters than the English, too. Damn Gulf Stream.

I have the carriage take me down to the super-dooper market and spend an afternoon promenading along the frozen food aisles. Simply chilling, and *so *divine!

You meet *all *the best people there.

Admit it.

You’re going to meet chicks.