Broken Songs

The Four were certainly Fab, but nobody wants to Hold Your Hand these days.

Nyah, nyan na nyan nah, It’s your turn Journey, to cry. Not much ‘Loving, Touchin’, Squeezin’ going on.

Karen Carpenter sure had a pretty voice, but don’t get Close To Me.

However, Me and Mr. Thorogood Drink Alone. All By Ourselves. Nearly 2700 miles of ‘Social Distance’, I reckon.

*"I put on this mask for you

I parade and dance for you, too"*

“Love the One You’re With” - I mean, yeah, what other option do I have?

Eric Carmen is finding it easier to be all by himself these days, and not going all the way.

Neil Diamond’s Sweet Caroline: “Hands; touching hands; reaching out; touching me; touching you”.

Alas, the Doors: “C’mon, c’mon, c’mon, c’mon now, touch me, babe”.

And Goldfinger: “He’s the man, the man with the Midas touch”.

The Tubes had it right: “Don’t touch me there”.

Nude Skype-ing. :wink:

That song that says “I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free.”

No, no, no!

“American” is not a place. There’s no “where” there.

It needs to be either “I’m proud to be in America, where at least I know I’m free,” or “I’m proud to be an American,** because **at least I know I’m free.” Pick one grammatical structure, and stick with it.

Only this morning
The thought I’ve been wanting
The tropical storm was passing through
And so were you
How come you’re always crashing
Saw your eyes flashing
The tropical storm was passing through
And so were you
With a face like that
How couldn’t I want you

Drama/tropical storm isnt worth the most beautiful face in the world

In Jackson Brownie’s case, he’s got “Rosie”.

I hope Runaround Sue has changed her habits for the duration.

I hope Mustang Sally is only doing essential driving at the moment.

I hope Little Susie is watching movies at home with her family for the time being.

Remember that (correctly) “America” refers to the entire super-continent of North, Central, and South America. “The United States of…” is only a portion of “America”. But “Americans” do refer to citizens of the USA only (I can’t think of any other term in common use to replace that).

Revised lyrics to a Dan Hill travesty:

And sometimes when we touch
The contagion is too much
And I have to run away
And hide

There’s a warm wind blowing, the stars are out,
And I’d really love to see you tonight.

OK, but wear a mask, and stay six feet away.

The song I touch my self is still OK

It’s a stretch maybe, but “where” can also be used in the sense of “whereas”, “whereby”, “whereupon”, “wherein”, etc.

For example: “where this thread seems intended to be about songs whose meanings are now problematic due to quarantine, your post is simply about clauses of a sentence failing to agree.”

The Police - Don’t Stand So Close To Me. Appropriate advice these days.

I know, but I bitch about that song whenever I can, and I thought a time when the US wasn’t offering much to be proud of might get a pass.

Roger. Copy that.

Touch me, turn me on, and burn me down…

Last month Mr. Diamond released a new version that changed the words to “Hands, washing hands, reaching out, don’t touch me”