Buffy the Vampire Slayer !!!

Is anybody else out there addicted to this show? If so who is your favorite characters? The show last night Fox was awesome. Buffy killed Angel after he was given back his soul through a spell by Willow. Buffy sent Angel to Hell . My wife and I watch the reruns every night. I was hoping that we aren’t the only ones. Let me know!!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy the Vampire Slayer…hmmmm…yes, I do believe I’ve heard of that one. Somewhere. Sometime. Sounds like such an odd little show, though…I mean, really. A young, blond girl named Buffy who slays vampires? I don’t see it. A girl like that should be running away screaming from nasty things like vampires. Then the Big Strong Man can save her. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

You’ll find quite a following here. Yum!

A seach of the past 3 months turned up over a dozen threads about Buffy.

I work part-time this summer (Just 12 hours a week.)
I spend most of my days by myself since my husband works.
I have a new cable modem.
All of this equals disaster. Now I spend all my free time DLing episodes, reading fanfic, writing fanfic, reading scripts, hanging out on Buffy boards, listening to the Once More With Feeling soundtrack, the list goes on and on. So, I guess the answer is yes, I am addicted, bordering on obsessive. (Though my husband and a few of my friends would say that I’m no longer “bordering”)

Favorite characters: Spike (Mmmmmm) and Willow.

My wife wanted me to tell you that she also goes(Mmmmmmmm) about Spike. Me I’m pretty content with Buffy or Cordelia!!!

pepperlandgirl

I’ve been trying to find some good sites, but www.buffy.com, sucks. Could you share?
Also, I thought the show would be on one of the mayor networks: CBS, ABC NBC. What’s this UPN? I haven’t been to the US since '99 and then only for a few days for a convention. Haven’t checked out TV since '93.

[sub]Rather than making yet another thread on Buffy, I’ll say it here.[/sub]

Okay, I’ll admit it. I spent years poking fun at friends who watched it. It seemed like such a silly little program.

Which of course is why I happened across a syndicated episode on FX the beginning of this week, and why now I’m DYING to see what happens on Monday (Spike, Angel, and Drusilla (I think that’s her) kidnapped Giles to be able to take the sword out of the stone demon who will suck everyone into HELL!).

Do you have ANY idea how much my friends have been laughing at me now that they’ve found out? Do you?

Oh, and since I’m 20, I know I’m supposed to find Angel, Spike, or even Xander really really attractive. So why the hell am I melting over Giles? Good God, I actually squeaked in dismay when the baddies knocked him out and carried him away. I just love love love Giles, who I assume was not created for my age bracket. Am I alone in being young and in lust for him?

About ten or fifteen years ago, a bunch of new networks popped up. They’re not as big as NBC et. al, but they’re not as puny as your average basic cable channel. FOX was the first, followed several years later by WB (Warner Brothers) and UPN (Paramount). All three were pretty craptacular. FOX had the Simpsons and about a billion police chase shows. UPN had all the new Star Trek shows and about a billion insulting “urban” sit-coms. WB had Buffy and about a billion idiotic teen themed shows. (WB and UPN switched demographics back and forth a couple of times, as each gave up on young viewers and tried to get black viewers and vice versa and vice versa again) WB seems to have come out on top, as they’ve got a lot more decent programming than UPN now, but last year the folks who make Buffy got in a money dispute with WB and jumped ship to UPN. Angel, the Buffy spin-off, is still at Warner Brothers.

check out this site: this was given to me by my daughterwww.buffyguide.com

www.angelicslayer.com (Buffy Cross and Stake) is pretty good. I always hang out at the Spoiler boards, but there is a board set up for general Buffy discussion and for Angel discussion.
www.jamesmarsters.com also has a board set up, and it’s not too bad.
I agree, buffyguide.com is also very good. I also have a plethora of Spike-related links, but bandofbuggered.com is my favorite. (Also contains dozens of links to Buffy sites).

[Hijack]
So that’s where all those really crappy sit-coms, filled with African-Americans and totally void of Caucasians come from. Sitting in Sweden, I might not have a right to an opinion, but it always seemed to me that they where acting totally middle-class white, while being black [Self fears slamming about racial prejudices].

Yes, I know there is a big black middle-class, but these sit-coms where so superficial it was agonising. They’re on constant reruns in the afternoons, mixed with Jenny Jones, Rikki Lake and Springer on the cheapo networks here.
[/hijack]

I’m totally buffer-washed [buffer-speak for brainwashed] after watching 12 (yes twelve!) episodes of season 3 on dvd today. Two more to go: Graduation 1&2.

zweisamkeit

Wait till you get to see Giles kicking ass or swinging a sword samurai style :slight_smile:

[Hijack]
So that’s where all those really crappy sit-coms, filled with African-Americans and totally void of Caucasians come from. Sitting in Sweden, I might not have a right to an opinion, but it always seemed to me that they where acting totally middle-class white, while being black [Self fears slamming about racial prejudices].

Yes, I know there is a big black middle-class, but these sit-coms where so superficial it was agonising. They’re on constant reruns in the afternoons, mixed with Jenny Jones, Rikki Lake and Springer on the cheapo networks here.
[/hijack]

I’m totally buffer-washed [buffer-speak for brainwashed] after watching 12 (yes twelve!) episodes of season 3 on dvd today. Two more to go: Graduation 1&2.

zweisamkeit

Wait till you get to see Giles kicking ass or swinging a sword samurai style :slight_smile:

The Gaspode:

eeeeeeeeee!! :drool: :smiley:

I prefer Giles and Oz over Spike and Angel. I like my men alive :wink:

Giles is the man!

Congratulations, you are a GASPer (Giles Appreciation Society Panter), which has its own mailing list. There are hundreds, possibly (or is it probably?) thousands of younger adults enamored by he of the twead. He loomed large in the creation of MY Buffy website, which is in need of serious updating.

So do you know yet that he sings too? :smiley:

Seeing Giles get knocked out makes you sqeak? Prepare to squeak lots. :smiley:

[Giles]
Well, I know I’m back in America now I’ve been knocked unconscious.
[/Giles]

Spike is my love god, but, when nobody’s around to listen, I have to quietly confess that Giles comes in a fairly close second. A bit of peroxide would probably bring them neck-in-neck. Oz would be third.

Not crazy about Xander (though I adore Anya).

Riley and Angel never really did anything for me.

Parker must die horribly.