Bumper sticker John 3:16

I like puzzles. Can finish the NY Times Sunday crossword in a few minutes, can figure out word games and rebus puzzles simply enough.
Saw a bumper sticker yesterday that has me stumped.
On a gray background, left to right: an arrow pointing down, followed by a cross, then what looks like an arch or a wishbone shape, followed by another arrow down, then an arrow up.
Then in fine print “John 3:16”. Can’t see any tie in to the symbols and the message in John 3:16.
Google search so far unsuccessful
Thank you

He came. He died. He arose. He ascended. He’s coming back.

Which doesn’t really connect to John 3:16 specifically.

One of the more-quoted verses from the New Testament. Perhaps because it captures the basis of faith for Christianity. The core belief that separates it from other major religions.

The symbols on the bumper sticker, while it’s true that they do not paraphrase 3:16, do re-state the core belief of Christianity.

Could John 3:16 in this instance refer to a specific organization?

What’s the symbol for “And is he’s pissed!”.?

I dunno about a three-line symbol but there are some representations that do seem to communicate that notion…

I thought it would be something more literal. mildly NSFW.

The above comment was close, but a bit off. The arrow down is that he came down to earth. The cross is that he died on the cross. The arch is the door to the tomb where he was buried. The arrow down is his descent into Hell. The arrow up is him rising on the third day.

It’s a simplification of the Christ story as told by the apostle’s creed.

(Jesus)was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again

John 3:16 is simply the basic bible verse that encapsulates the basics of the Christian religion in the fewest words.

That depends on what one considers the basics. You could also say that for “In the Beginning, the Word was with God, and the Word was God”, or “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father”, or you could go for a completely different tack and go with “The greatest of the commandments is this: That you should love the Lord your God with your whole heart, your whole mind, your whole soul, and your whole strength, and the second is like it: That you should love your neighbor as yourself”.

Wow. Info?

I’m a Christian and would speculate that this use of John 3:16 is a more general redirect for the reader to go lookup the verse, which is more or less the simplest statement from Christ about his purpose.

Sounds like conflicting purposes in a way. A hard to understand series of symbols that requires “being in on it” to get it. Followed by a verse one would have to lookup to get the message.

Not someone’s best attempt at sharing faith.

Image from the apse of the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington DC. I suppose 'cause sometimes you gotta remind the congregation that when he comes back he’s gonna clean house…

Shouldn’t he be holding a mop and dustrag?

Or Stone Cold Steve Austin?

For god so loved his creations, he sent them only one son, and brought him back after only three years.