Buncha slackers in the MMP! {OLD}

It’s almost 6:30 a.m. in the Mitten State - some of y’all have usually already started balconatin’ and caffeinatin’ and are halfway through your third load of laundry AND the dishes are done.

… and yet, nobody started us off yet? I checked three times … yup, 'tis Monday.

I’m breakfastenatin’ but it’s upon a TV dinner so unsure if that counts.

Reminds me, someone nuked leftover Rice a Roni at work last night on their break, and it smelled soo good.
Got home to find … I’m out. And am eating my last Stouffers “not bad for a lazy fucker such as yourself” meal. So I may have to add a trip to the Gettin’ Sto’ to today’s woes, in addition to the needful laundryenatin’.

Well, there’s a bunch of lurkers out there who don’t have their errands done by dawn … where are y’all? Come out of the woodwork, my fellow slackers!

… all the rest of y’all are, of course, invited too. Someone’s gotta defrost dinner, after all.

First! It’s good to be juvenile!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 61 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy (mostly moony?) with a predicted high of 90 and N.O.S. for the day. When the pharmacy opens, I shall call to get a 'script refilled and then go pick it up. I know how to live! I shall also make a stop at :astonished:Wally Jr. :astonished: to pick up a few items. Then it will be back home to da cave for sloth and general overall uselessness as is my wont. There will be some productivity, as I need to go through the file cabinet and pitch some stuff. Among other things, there are manuals for appliances that have long left da cave. Sup shall be country fried steak, rice 'n gravy, and a veggie casserole. Thus it is in swampland.

shoe I considered startin’ us off, but the caffeine needs to kick in before that can happen and it ain’t there yet.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, since I am to go out and about, I suppose I must purtify and don attire acceptable for bein’ amongst the great unwashed. How I suffer!

Happy Moanday Y’all!

For your information, Missy, I was just finishing an epic new MMP when I decided to check and I saw your thread. So you’ll never know what you’ve missed, Miss Sassy-Britches! :stuck_out_tongue:

Big excitement for today - our pellets are being delivered. It’s too wet to mow, so that won’t be happening. Everything else is up in the air. As I often say - Indecision is the key to flexibility!

Happy Moanday!

Hooray SHOE

Sunrise is 20 minutes in my future. I’m sheveled, dressed, and have driven to the medical lab that opens soon so I can be nearly first in the door. Then comes caffinatin & breakfastatin out.

That’s all I’m willing to peck out on my phone. I’ll have my tablet at breakfast so’s I can bore y’all in greater detail then.

I hope you saved it! You can start us off next week, in between vacuuming, solving the Middle East peace crisis, and making the cyoootest fundraising toys. :slight_smile: :octopus:

Nope, it’s gone. You’ll never know… Or maybe you will if I decide to try it another time. I’m all unpredictable like that!

:rofl:

Hello everyone. Rise and shine. Me? I’ve given up trying to sleep at night so I’m about to go to bed. Supposed to rain and it’s quiet. We shall see.

Happy new week.

Gotta rant. Due to whatever stupid rules are in place here I got to watch the first half of my Chiefs and at halftime it went to Miami. Weirdest game ever. It was meant to be though. Wow! what a Dallas game.

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s 18c/64f with no predicted change, and it’s partly cloudy. Weather app seems ok with that, and reminds me that " Sure, it could be warmer outside, but you could also have more snakes in your fucking toilet. Count your fucking blessings." No snakes in my loo, blessings duly counted!

I was home from Sunday’s musical shenanigans by midnight and in bed not long after. I had the foresight to book a day’s leave today too! Got up and tended to the cats (which included getting the rollsuck out and cleaning up the litter Cherry decided to throw all over the floor), and went back to bed for a while. Didn’t really sleep but it was nice just laying there not having to do anything. Now up, had a bath, and am drinking restorative tea.

Given the fact I am on this side of the Great Watery Divide, I am probably up and about before most of you (aside from you nightowls) so I could start the MMP almost every week. But I don’t, 'cos you lot need a chance too, and I’m nice like that.

At breakfast now w my full-sized screen and keyboard. Extensive driveling shall therefore commence. Lucky y’all! :grin:

I successfully peed in the cup so now it’s time to continue my day. Annoying that my doc didn’t ask for that last week, so’s I coulda done it while I was getting blood-let. Oh well. The folks at the lab are sweet and by being 2nd in the door I got processed very quickly despite no appointment. So overall it was more an excuse to get out and about rather than being a chore.

This eatery has some gigantic omelets including a buffalo chicken and an Italian sausage, mozz, basil, etc., that’re both darn good. They also have yummy breakfast ham. Decisions decisions. Meanwhile the caffiniatin’ is proceeding apace. Yaay me. Yaay Ariel for bringing coffee!! :coffee::coffee:

After yesterday’s COVID vax and long nap I was fine the rest of the day. So much for that problem. Both injection sites are slightly twingy if I raise my arms over my head, but overall I can’t begin to complain about how well flu & COVID worked out. I have two more injections due, RSV & DTAP/TDAP, so will wait a couple days for my arms to settle down then finish those.

The rest of today is free and clear. Post-breakfast I’ll probably get the car washed and mini-groc for a couple items.

Boofae that weekend of music sounds totally excellent! Would’ve been fun to be there with you.

Shoe there’s something just magic about leftover rice-a-roni. Now you’ve got me jonesing for it, and it’s been years since I’ve had any. Both white rice & pasta are mostly not on my diet. Damn shame. Eat hearty for the rest of us. :wink:

TTFN!

Up at oh-seven-hunnert this morning. A cloudy, spitty kinda day. No real agenda that I can think of. I’ll turn a tater into hashbrowns when the wife rouses herself.

Had a good visit with the dawter and grandson yesterday. The green chili stew came out great. The boy is a sophomore in HS and has no idea what he’ll do after graduation in a couple of years. He muttered something about “the Army”, which I tried to discourage. He thinks he can just walk in the door and be all he can be. I explained how the military works and that he needs to be able to score high on the ASVAB to get a decent school and actually do something besides be a grunt. I hope to talk to him more in the future. His father is a useless fuck who hates libruls and who thinks education is a waste of time.

Are you a pointy-haired boss?

BWAHAHAHA! Wood pellets, not snack pellets! And, no I was no kind of boss ever, except for a short time in the Navy when I discovered I suck at being a boss.

We’ve figured out out to and from the airport portion of our cruise, since we’re departing from BWI and returning to DCA. We’ll get one-way rentals each time. Cheaper than Uber, easier than imposing on a friend or relative. Dunno why we didn’t think of this earlier, except I was caught in the bus/shuttle/cab paradigm. So I"m glad that’s settled.

Mornin’!

Tis wet, rainy and dark outside. It will rain all day.

I was up 0300 after a very restless night. Nevertheless, I showered, purtified, three my toiletries in the suitcase and had my husband drive me to the office. I am waiting for some other team members to arrive and then we’ll hit the road around 0800.

In the meantime, I can get a little work done.

I hope everyone has a good week. Don’t know when or if I’ll be able to visit the MMP early in the week, so want to send yays, hugs, and boos as needed.

I was asleep when you posted, @purplehorseshoe ! Well, kinda. Slept poorly, so it’s likely to be a rough day today.

ophelia lingers on here. the winds are down, the rain continues. thankfully, the whistling though the wall unit has ended. i did notice the grass has really greened up over the weekend.

got up 5 minutes before the alarm, nearly missed the shuttle as i thought i had more time. isn’t that always the way, when you have more time, you get out of your usual step and risk being late. when you have less distance to something, you risk being late as you think “i have time, it is just 5 minutes away”.

When I was still working as a baker sunrise was always in my future when I went to work.

This is absolutely true.

Morning all. Was in no danger of starting the MMP, the weekend caught up with me and I was in bed until nearly 8am. Got some things to get done this morning, we are getting a new BJ’s (like Sam’s Club for those who haven’t encountered it). Don’t know if it will be worth it or not, but joining for the first year was only $55, so not a lot of risk. Aftr picking up my new membership card I need to do the usual shopping and sammich routine and get my swimming and sauna in before shot (COVID) and soccer round out the “S” day. Another lovely morning (68F now) followed by a hot afternoon (88F) and no rain to be seen or heard.

shoe, never been a Rice-A-Roni fan, but do have some Minute Rice that’s been sitting in the cabinet for quite some time…hmmm…

FCM, I’ll look forward to your epic sometime in the future…hopefully faster than George R.R. Martin can do the next Game of Thrones…

Butters, considering the one-sided Whooping the Chiefs were laying on Da Teddy Bears, guess the network decided most folks would be interested in a more competitive game.

Cookie, I had no idea what I would do after high school when I was 15, except go to college–my parents were pretty adamant about that. It’ll work out.

Taters, you’re probably on the road, but have a safe and not-to-stressful trip.

OK, need to get dressed and perform the morning chores. All y’all have a good week now.

Here I am, over here. Slacker par excellence reporting for duty.

At least you got to watch the best part by far. Not too long into the second half Mahomes and Kelce came out so the bench could get some game reps, it became ordinary football then. That first half was lovely fun though. I’m not sure Mahomes is a mortal being.

Slacker? pfft. I was halfway through heaving and loading by 0630. And cursing the mouthbreather who thought the best way to deal with a 6 foot long 50lbs box of floorboards that was coming apart was to drop it 2 feet onto the concrete in the 6 inch space between package cars. I Band-Aided it, so it will make it to the customer. I ate cereal and a banana. Spot ate a bug. Now we both are gonna hit the sack.

Oh come on, the 11 Bravo MOS prepares you for a career of wading through swamps, suffering, deviant behavior, and being shot at.

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett

It was mercy, because no one want to see the Chicago BearsDumpster Fires.

Pellets